* How to get a block’s contents by name
@ 2020-11-27 23:02 George Mauer
From: George Mauer @ 2020-11-27 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to figure out how I could fetch the contents of another block by
name from an elisp script

I've seen `org-sbe` but I just want to get the block contents, (ideally
with noweb and vars filled in - just as it would be tangled if we were to
tangle it)

How do I do that?

* Re: How to get a block’s contents by name
@ 2020-11-28  2:22 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-11-28  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

George Mauer writes:

> I'm trying to figure out how I could fetch the contents of another block by
> name from an elisp script
>
> I've seen `org-sbe` but I just want to get the block contents, (ideally
> with noweb and vars filled in - just as it would be tangled if we were to
> tangle it)
>
> How do I do that?

How about something like this?

  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (org-babel-find-named-block "b"))
    (org-babel-expand-src-block))

* Re: How to get a block’s contents by name
@ 2020-11-28  3:46   ` George Mauer
From: George Mauer @ 2020-11-28  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Well that pains me on a software-engineer-aip-design level but that works!
Thanks a lot.

@ 2020-11-28 14:13     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2020-11-28 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmauer; +Cc: Kyle Meyer, emacs-orgmode