From: Yotam Avital <yotama9@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Passing variables between code blocks
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:01:51 +0200

I want to use org-mode for data analysis for my results. I also want to do
this using small chunks of code blocks for various task. To achieve that. I
need to pass dictionaries (20 entries of lists, each of several hundreds
variables, each is a list by itself). I wanted to do so by the #+CALL
option for example:

* test
  #+NAME:test
  #+BEGIN_SRC python
    vars = dict()
    vars[1] = 1
    vars[2] = 2
    return vars

  #+END_SRC

* caller
  #+NAME: caller
  #+HEADER: :var ins=#+CALL: test()
  #+BEGIN_SRC python :results output
    print files

  #+END_SRC

But I get an error:

  File "<stdin>", line 1
    files=[1:, 1, 2:, 2]
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Is there a way to pass a dictionary as a variables between blocks then?

--
My other email account has a "professional" signature.