From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: Latest org and goto-addr problems [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpaplus @ /home/tim/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170210/)]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:49:02 +1100	[thread overview]

I need some help with this one as I'm running out of ideas.

What I have done -

1. Completely removed all other org installs to eliminate possible 'mixed
version' issues. This includes the org bundled with emacs 25.1. Made no
difference.

2. Try opeing an org file which does not have any source blocks. All works
fine. Then tried opening the test file with a single source block and got
the same error. The source block was not 'fontified'.  Tried opening an org
file with no source block, did an org-reload and then opened the test file
with source block. Same error.

3. This 'looks like' a require load error or timing issue. After opening
the test file and getting the error message I then kill the buffer and then
open the file again for a second time, no error and the source block is now
fontified. Makes me think that perhaps org is trying to fontify the buffer
before some required library is loaded, reports an error, continues
processing and loads the missing items and from then is OK when you load
the next org file with a source block.

Question: How do you get this error to throw a backtrace? It seems
toggle-on-debug has no effect. If I can get some additional information on
when this error is being generated, I might be able to track this down
further.

Tim

--
regards,