From: Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com>
To: Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com>
Subject: Re: How to use `open` to handle `message:*` links on macOS
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:58:02 -0400

Hi Alexander,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 7:38 PM Alexander Adolf <
alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com> wrote:

> Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Pairing that with my org-capture TODO Current Mail Template is a dream
> come
> > true. :)
> > [...]
>
> That's interesting how you pull the information from Mail app.
>
> How do you trigger the capture? Do you have to select the message in
> Mail app, then move over to Emacs and trigger the capture there? or do
> you have a way to trigger the Emacs capture from within Mail app?
>
> The next level of productivity could perhaps be to switch to notmuch[1],
> and do all you email from within Emacs. Use yasnippet[2] for composing
> mails. And have snippets be presented to you by company[3]. Just
> saying... ;-)
>
> [1] https://notmuchmail.org/
> [2] http://joaotavora.github.io/yasnippet/
> [3] https://company-mode.github.io/

I do indeed trigger the capture by switching over to Emacs and whacking my
org-capture keybinding (`C-c C`). I have a todo item that's been sitting in
my list for a very long time to figure out how to move my email habits into
emacs but I've never gotten around to it. In this case it's even worse
because the only reason I'm using Mail.app in the first place is because my
work email got moved to an Exchange server so I now don't have a good web
based interface to read mail anymore like my beloved Gmail.

One of these days though I'm going to break the habit and move email
directly into Emacs. :)

Thanks for the tips again!

--

In Christ,