* sort “on-the-fly” in org-agenda-view
       [not found] <232987521.1934428.1618777364986.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-04-18 20:22 ` A A
From: A A @ 2021-04-18 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am aware that ~org-agenda-sorting-strategy~ allows one to define view(s) with desired sort preferences. However, I'm wondering if there is a more "on-the-fly" method for sorting in org-agenda.
For example, I open my agenda in day view. Suppose I want to sort the list of TODOs by priority. Then, I want to sort by tags. The analogy in a non-Emacs environment is to click on the column heading of a table-view. For example, in macOS Finder (or Windows Explorer), one can click on Name or Date or Kind to sort the list of files in various ways.
I am imagining a key to toggle sort, much like the one we have for filter using /.
~org-sort-entries~ and ~org-sort-list~ work on subtrees and lists. Is there something equivalent within org-agenda? I especially like the ~org-sort-entries~ interface: it provides an option to sort by several criteria and in ascending vs descending order.

* Re: sort “on-the-fly” in org-agenda-view
@ 2021-04-19 12:55   ` Ben Sima
From: Ben Sima @ 2021-04-19 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A A, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Heh, I just found myself wanting to do this. I often use C-c ^ to sort
subtrees by creation date, and I wanted to do that with my global TODO
list just now, but couldn't figure out how.

So, imo there is at least a small need for this feature.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: sort “on-the-fly” in org-agenda-view
@ 2021-05-24 14:51     ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2021-05-24 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Sima; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, A A