* Turn off sparse tree highlighting?
@ 2011-10-18 16:04 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-10-18 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just discovered sparse trees. Fantastic.

Once I'm done... how do I stop headlines from being illuminated in
yellow? I don't see it on the sparse tree page here:
--- http://orgmode.org/manual/Sparse-trees.html

Thanks,
John

* Re: Turn off sparse tree highlighting?
@ 2011-10-18 16:06 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-10-18 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just discovered sparse trees. Fantastic.
>
> Once I'm done... how do I stop headlines from being illuminated in
> yellow? I don't see it on the sparse tree page here:

Have you tried C-c C-c (the all mighty do it all key combination in org)? ;)

--
Suvayu

* Re: Turn off sparse tree highlighting?
@ 2011-10-18 18:05   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-10-18 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM, suvayu ali
<fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just discovered sparse trees. Fantastic.
>>
>> Once I'm done... how do I stop headlines from being illuminated in
>> yellow? I don't see it on the sparse tree page here:
>>

> Have you tried C-c C-c (the all mighty do it all key combination in org)? ;)

Sigh... of all things. Yes, that's the ticket :)

Is this noted anywhere? If not, can it be?

Thanks for the help!
John

@ 2011-10-18 18:10     ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-10-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi

You must have overseen it where you already looked:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Sparse-trees.html
Each match is also highlighted; the highlights disappear when the
buffer is changed by an editing command2, or by pressing C-c C-c.
[2] This depends on the option org-remove-highlights-with-change

Michael

@ 2011-10-18 18:23       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-10-18 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Michael Brand
<michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You must have overseen it where you already looked:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Sparse-trees.html
> Each match is also highlighted; the highlights disappear when the
> buffer is changed by an editing command2, or by pressing C-c C-c.
> [2] This depends on the option org-remove-highlights-with-change

I should never post until I've slept overnight on a question. I was
expecting to see the command called out in the side like the other
commands and did, indeed, miss it.

Sorry for being "that guy" and thanks for the assistance.

John