* Filling a paragraph without filling SCHEDULED line
@ 2012-04-03  5:57 Stuart McLean
From: Stuart McLean @ 2012-04-03  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

I am wondering how to fill a paragraph without filling a SCHEDULED line as well.

Here is an example:

When I press `M-q', I would like 2. rather than 1.

1.
* heading 1
  SCHEDULED: <2012-04-02 Mon> foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo
  bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz
  foo bar baz

2.
* heading 2
  SCHEDULED: <2012-04-02 Mon>
  foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar
  baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz

Does anyone have any pointers as to how to achieve this?

Thanks everyone, for org-mode. It is a great community.

Stuart

* Re: Filling a paragraph without filling SCHEDULED line
@ 2012-04-03 16:50 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-04-03 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuart McLean; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Stuart McLean <smclean0640@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am wondering how to fill a paragraph without filling a SCHEDULED line as well.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> When I press `M-q', I would like 2. rather than 1.
>
> 1.
> * heading 1
>   SCHEDULED: <2012-04-02 Mon> foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo
>   bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz
>   foo bar baz
>
> 2.
> * heading 2
>   SCHEDULED: <2012-04-02 Mon>
>   foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar
>   baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz foo bar baz
>
> Does anyone have any pointers as to how to achieve this?
>
> Thanks everyone, for org-mode. It is a great community.

I just insert a blank line and then (optionally) remove it again so the
SCHEDULED: is by itself before filling.

HTH,
Bernt

* Re: Filling a paragraph without filling SCHEDULED line
@ 2012-04-04  1:29   ` Stuart McLean
From: Stuart McLean @ 2012-04-04  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Bernt,

That is what I have been doing so far. This gets annoying when you are at the
end of a hundred lines of text under a to-do item and you type M-q and have to

Thank you for your reply,

Stuart

@ 2012-04-04  2:26     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-04  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuart McLean; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Stuart McLean <smclean0640@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Bernt,
>
> That is what I have been doing so far. This gets annoying when you are at the
> end of a hundred lines of text under a to-do item and you type M-q and have to

C-c C-p will navigate to the previous heading, so you can mark (C-<space>),
C-c C-p, do what you have to do and C-x C-x to go back to the mark.

It's not ideal, but as a workaround, it's not too bad either.

Nick

@ 2012-04-04  6:52 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-04  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuart McLean; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for raising this issue.

I implemented an exception in `org-fill-paragraph' that takes care of
handling your case correctly.  Please test and confirm this works okay
for you.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Filling a paragraph without filling SCHEDULED line
@ 2012-04-06  2:58   ` Stuart McLean
From: Stuart McLean @ 2012-04-06  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Bastien,

I tried out `org-fill-paragraph' and it seems to work exactly the way
I would like.
Perhaps some people would prefer to have the scheduled line filled
with the text,
but I find this way makes the scheduled line stand out, and it is
easier to delete
without having to re-fill.

Thank you so much for the fix.

All the best,