From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:56:49 +0200	[thread overview]

On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
>> the only way to understand this paragraph is historical.
>
> I guessed it, thanks for making that clear.
>
>> In the early days of BEAMER export, Eric Fraga invented a way to make
>> columns using an additional level of outline structure, just for
>> making the columns.
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19895/focus=19895
>
> Interesting.
>
>> This worked, but made it difficult to export this file in any other
>> way, because of the extra structure.  This was overcome with the
>> BEAMER_col property, and this is what this paragraph and the phrase
>> "without additional structure" is referring to.
>
> Ah, ok.  So now you don't need an extra outline structure for making a
> *columns* environment, but you still need it for ending the last
> *column* and starting a new one.
>
> I've though I could go without the latter, too.  That would be good
> for
> documents you export as presentation but also as article handout.
>
>> The "tutorial" I wrote on worg is out of date and bad, maybe we
>> should
>> remove it?  Does someone (Eric Fraga?) have time to check if there is
>> anything interesting in there that is is still true and not covered
>> by
>> the manual or by Eric's tutorial?  If not, we should remove this
>> outdated document.
>
> I think every property is explained in the info docs, and Eric's
> tutorial shows some nice and well explained examples, so the
> org-beamer.org file could be deleted.

If you want, please go ahead and make these changes.  The link in
Erics tutorial
should then point to the manual section, not the preliminary
documentation.

And on the tutorials pager, the link to the preliminary documentation
can be deleted.

>> If it adds something, maybe we can move that information?
>
> It adds confusion, so we should move that to the texinfo docs!?! ;-)

But move what?  I don't think my worg page still adds anything.

- Carsten