From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet <jmg@gaillourdet.net>
To: Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Vim folding/syntax highlighting?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:03:39 +0200

Hi,

sorry to answer so late, but I'm way behind my emails.

There is http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1266 , which emulates folding like outline-mode. I'll attach my locally modified version of it. I've added support for deeper outline structures, drawers, tags, SCHEDULED and DEADLINE. This is just work in progress.

Just put file into ~/.vim/syntax and use :set ft=org or put the following line into ~/.vim/ftdetect/org.vim.

au BufRead,BufNewFile *.org		set filetype=org

Additionally, I have a file ~/vim/ftplugin/org.vim which contains:

map <Tab> za
autocmd! BufRead,BufNewFile *.org set filetype=org

This, allows to use tab to open and close folds as in org-mode.

Best regards,

Jean