* Agenda log mode with archives
@ 2010-05-16 21:19 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-05-16 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

Today while playing with org-resolve clocks for John W. it found an open
clock in one of my archives.  I wanted to see the log mode (clocked
time) on that Sunday in March but most of the entries have been archived
at this point.  I can view the agenda from only the archive file but I
can't reconstruct the entire day conveniently from multiple archives.

Is there a way to get log mode in the agenda ('l') to show clock time
from all org-agenda-files including their arhives?

Thanks,
Bernt

* Re: Agenda log mode with archives
@ 2010-05-17 10:42 ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2010-05-17 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 16 May 2010 17:19:59 -0400
Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Today while playing with org-resolve clocks for John W. it found an open
> clock in one of my archives.  I wanted to see the log mode (clocked
> time) on that Sunday in March but most of the entries have been archived
> at this point.  I can view the agenda from only the archive file but I
> can't reconstruct the entire day conveniently from multiple archives.
>
> Is there a way to get log mode in the agenda ('l') to show clock time
> from all org-agenda-files including their arhives?

That would be a very nice thing to have!

Detlef

> Thanks,
> Bernt

* Re: Re: Agenda log mode with archives
@ 2010-05-17 10:56   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-17 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlef Steuer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 17, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Detlef Steuer wrote:

> On Sun, 16 May 2010 17:19:59 -0400
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> Today while playing with org-resolve clocks for John W. it found an
>> open
>> clock in one of my archives.  I wanted to see the log mode (clocked
>> time) on that Sunday in March but most of the entries have been
>> archived
>> at this point.  I can view the agenda from only the archive file
>> but I
>> can't reconstruct the entire day conveniently from multiple archives.
>>
>> Is there a way to get log mode in the agenda ('l') to show clock time
>> from all org-agenda-files including their arhives?
>
> That would be a very nice thing to have!

Cant you do `v A' and then `v l' in the agenda?  I believe that this
should work.

- Carsten

* Re: Agenda log mode with archives
@ 2010-05-17 14:48     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-05-17 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Detlef Steuer, emacs-orgmode

> On May 17, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Detlef Steuer wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 16 May 2010 17:19:59 -0400
>> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Carsten,
>>>
>>> Today while playing with org-resolve clocks for John W. it found an
>>> open
>>> clock in one of my archives.  I wanted to see the log mode (clocked
>>> time) on that Sunday in March but most of the entries have been
>>> archived
>>> at this point.  I can view the agenda from only the archive file
>>> but I
>>> can't reconstruct the entire day conveniently from multiple archives.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to get log mode in the agenda ('l') to show clock time
>>> from all org-agenda-files including their arhives?
>>
>> That would be a very nice thing to have!
>
> Cant you do `v A' and then `v l' in the agenda?  I believe that this
> should work.

That works for me.  Thanks!

@ 2010-05-17 18:02     ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2010-05-17 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 17 May 2010 12:56:59 +0200
Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> > That would be a very nice thing to have!
>
> Cant you do `v A' and then `v l' in the agenda?  I believe that this
> should work.

As always. It's already in there ...

Thx Carsten!

detlef