From: David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: :auto-sitemap in org-publish-project-alist ??
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 21:00:38 -0700

> Hello,
>
> David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

>>> My org-publish-project-alist kind of looks like this:
>>>
>>> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>>>       '(("orgfiles"
>>> 	 :base-directory "~/DSM/MyOrg/"
>>> 	 :base-extension "org"
>>> 	 :publishing-directory "~/Publish/html/"
>>> 	 :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
>>> 	 :headline-levels 6
>>> 	 :section-numbers t
>>> 	 :makeindex t
>>> 	 :auto-sitemap t
>>> 	 :exclude "init.org"
>>> 	 :with-toc nil)))
>>>

>>> If I publish my files, sitemap.org is made in a buffer and written to a
>>> file,  Thereafter, org-publish always says sitemap.org has been changed
>>> on disk and asks about updating it.  Since it is a generated file, that
>>> shouldn't be necessary.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to turn that off and just have it overwrite the file?
>>
>> Anyone seeing this?
>
> No. Could you M-x toggle-degug-on-quit, reproduce it, C-g when you're
> asked about updating the file, and send the backtrace?

I'm confused -- now it works!  Maybe when I updated to 9.4?  The
org-publish process seems to be taking a lot longer to walk thru the
files like it is checking more deeply.  It rebuilds the sitemap file and
runs it thru latex to produce a pdf which is correct.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if the problem comes back.

Thanks
--
David Masterson