* Manual on web site not showing latest version
@ 2021-03-29 17:31 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2021-03-29 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was looking at this page and noticed that the link to worg should be updated:

https://orgmode.org/manual/Languages.html#Languages

I looked at the source documentation in Git and was surprised to see that what's
there is different:  some sentences were reworded and the link was updated.  So
it's already been fixed, but can't be seen!

I didn't check the entire manual, but at least this one page is out of date, so
I'm reporting it.

Thanks,

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: https://ghg.earth/

* Manual on web site is not the latest version
@ 2021-04-23  3:25 ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2021-04-23  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mentioning this again for fresh attention to whoever can push an update:  the
online manual is older than the version in the source tree.

I noticed this from the Working with Source Code / Languages section.  For
example, the source org-manual.org file says, "Code blocks in dozens of
languages are supported," with a working link.  The web site says, "Code blocks
in the following languages are supported," with an outdated link.

Thanks,

Bill

On 29 March 2021, William Denton wrote:

> I was looking at this page and noticed that the link to worg should be
> updated:
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Languages.html#Languages
>
> I looked at the source documentation in Git and was surprised to see that
> what's there is different:  some sentences were reworded and the link was
> updated.  So it's already been fixed, but can't be seen!
>
> I didn't check the entire manual, but at least this one page is out of date,
> so I'm reporting it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> --
> William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art:
> https://listeningtoart.org/
> https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: https://ghg.earth/
> Caveat lector.                      ---   STAPLR: https://staplr.org/

--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: https://ghg.earth/
Caveat lector.                      ---   STAPLR: https://staplr.org/

* Re: Manual on web site is not the latest version
@ 2021-04-28  5:35   ` Bastien
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2021-04-28  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Denton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Do you still see differences between the doc/org-manual.org and the
one published on https://orgmode.org/manual/ ?

If so, please point at one or two differences.  Thanks!

* Re: Manual on web site is not the latest version
@ 2021-05-12 17:06     ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2021-05-12 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 28 April 2021, Bastien wrote:

> Do you still see differences between the doc/org-manual.org and the
> one published on https://orgmode.org/manual/ ?
>
> If so, please point at one or two differences.  Thanks!

Here's a late follow-up.  Thanks for checking.

On the web at https://orgmode.org/manual/Languages.html#Languages

"Code blocks in the following languages are supported."

"Additional documentation for some languages is at https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html."

In org-manual.org, both sentence are different:

$ grep -A2 "Code blocks" doc/org-manual.org
Code blocks in dozens of languages are supported.  See Worg for
[[https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/index.html][language
specific documentation]].

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/

* Re: Manual on web site is not the latest version
@ 2021-05-15 16:47     ` Daniele Nicolodi
From: Daniele Nicolodi @ 2021-05-15 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, William Denton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 28/04/2021 07:35, Bastien wrote:
> Do you still see differences between the doc/org-manual.org and the
> one published on https://orgmode.org/manual/ ?
>
> If so, please point at one or two differences.  Thanks!

These two sections are older versions that what is in doc/org-manual.org

https://orgmode.org/manual/Formula-syntax-for-Calc.html#Formula-syntax-for-Calc
https://orgmode.org/manual/Formula-syntax-for-Lisp.html#Formula-syntax-for-Lisp

Cheers,
Dan

* Re: Manual on web site is not the latest version
@ 2021-05-17 18:34       ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2021-05-17 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:

> On 28 April 2021, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Do you still see differences between the doc/org-manual.org and the
>> one published on https://orgmode.org/manual/ ?
>>
>> If so, please point at one or two differences.  Thanks!
>
> Here's a late follow-up.  Thanks for checking.
>
> On the web at https://orgmode.org/manual/Languages.html#Languages
>
> "Code blocks in the following languages are supported."
>
> "Additional documentation for some languages is at https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html."
>
> In org-manual.org, both sentence are different:
>
> $ grep -A2 "Code blocks" doc/org-manual.org
> Code blocks in dozens of languages are supported.  See Worg for
> [[https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/index.html][language
> specific documentation]].
>

> Bill
>
> --
> William Denton
> https://www.miskatonic.org/
> Librarian, artist and licensed private investigator.

The online manual is for 9.4 (the released version). What you see in org-manual.org
is for 9.5 (which AFAIK has not been released yet).

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: Manual on web site is not the latest version
@ 2021-05-18 22:39         ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2021-05-18 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 17 May 2021, Nick Dokos wrote:

> The online manual is for 9.4 (the released version). What you see in org-manual.org
> is for 9.5 (which AFAIK has not been released yet).

Well, that certainly explains that.  I've been running Org from source for years
now, and referring to the (older) online manual, but this is the first time I
ever saw a difference, so it never occurred to me.

Cheers,

Bill
--

@ 2021-08-26 14:00     ` Maxim Nikulin
From: Maxim Nikulin @ 2021-08-26 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 28/04/2021 12:35, Bastien wrote:
> Do you still see differences between the doc/org-manual.org and the
> one published on https://orgmode.org/manual/ ?
>
> If so, please point at one or two differences.  Thanks!

curl -I https://orgmode.org/manual/The-capture-protocol.html
date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 13:54:39 GMT
last-modified: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:04:13 GMT

emacsclient org-protocol://capture?template=X?url=URL?title=TITLE?body=BODY

git show release_9.4.6:doc/org-manual.org | grep template=