* Framing images?
@ 2020-09-29 22:21 Mike Gauland
From: Mike Gauland @ 2020-09-29 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to have a frame around images in my exported documents. I'm
primarily interested in LaTeX export, but html is a secondary concern.

Is there any easy way to do this that I'm failing to find?

Kind regards,

Mike

* Re: Framing images?
@ 2020-09-30 16:59 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-09-30 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020 at 11:21, Mike Gauland wrote:
> I'd like to have a frame around images in my exported documents. I'm
> primarily interested in LaTeX export, but html is a secondary concern.

There are definitely LaTeX ways of doing this (e.g. using mdframed is
the best I've found for general framing of both text and images
[1]).  But obviously these won't work for HTML export.

You might, however, be able to get what you want with a 1 row 1 column
table?

eric

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.ctan.org/pkg/mdframed

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-38-g16f505

* Re: Framing images?
@ 2020-10-02  1:31   ` Mike Gauland
From: Mike Gauland @ 2020-10-02  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 1/10/2020 5:59 am, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020 at 11:21, Mike Gauland wrote:
>> I'd like to have a frame around images in my exported documents. I'm
>> primarily interested in LaTeX export, but html is a secondary concern.
> There are definitely LaTeX ways of doing this (e.g. using mdframed is
> the best I've found for general framing of both text and images
> [1]).  But obviously these won't work for HTML export.
>
> You might, however, be able to get what you want with a 1 row 1 column
> table?
>
> eric
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  https://www.ctan.org/pkg/mdframed
Thanks for the suggestion. In the end, I've found the simplest solution
for my purposes is to use graphicsmagick to  add a border around the images.