* org-cell in org-table with a list or a new paragraph
@ 2019-08-05 12:13 flow
       [not found] ` <87imrbspxq.fsf@ucl.ac.uk>
From: flow @ 2019-08-05 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear orgmoders

I was wondering if I can get a new line inside the cell of a table in
Orgmode to be rendered as new paragraph or as a list.

Best!

* Re: org-cell in org-table with a list or a new paragraph
       [not found] ` <87imrbspxq.fsf@ucl.ac.uk>
@ 2019-08-05 19:06   ` flow
From: flow @ 2019-08-05 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Fraga, Eric

Hi Eric

As far as I know a table is what I want and what I need.  I guess maybe
there can be something build without a table but finally I need a
table/tsv.

This is what I am working with, it's full of tables:
https://oeg-upm.github.io/transmodel-cq/

Some of them need to have more than a paragraph, sometimes two,
sometimes a list of items...

@ 2019-08-05 20:47     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2019-08-05 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flow; +Cc: org-mode-email, Fraga, Eric

There does not seem to be a beautiful approach, but you can do this:

#+attr_latex:  :align |l|l|
#+caption: caption

|------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Some variable as a value of 0 or 1 | @@latex:
\begin{minipage}[t]{0.4\textwidth}\begin{itemize} \item 0 is true \item 1
is false\end{itemize}\end{minipage}@@ |
|------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The way the website you referenced is organized, it looks like you want a
table, but I guess those tables are generated right? If so, what are they
generated from? The majority of the entries look like single
sentence/paragraphs, with only a few that look like there are items. Maybe
it isn't too bad to just write those in sentence form.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2020-02-04  8:14 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-04  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flow; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

flow <adolflow@sindominio.net> writes:

> I was wondering if I can get a new line inside the cell of a table in
> Orgmode to be rendered as new paragraph or as a list.

Hitting M-RET in a table's cell will open a new cell below and allow
you to use "-" for a list item, but this list item won't be recognized
as such when exporting.  We cannot support list items within tables
for export, this would be too complex and possibly confusing.

--
 Bastien