From: ts <tshort@epri.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: adobe acrobat with org-annotation-helper.el
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 01:34:48 +0000 (UTC)

I've partially gotten org-annotation-helper to work with adobe
acrobat. I've got a lot of pdf's in my files. I'd like to use org-mode
to organize notes on them.  To that end, I've gotten the
org-annotation-helper developed for Firefox semi-working with adobe's
reader and acrobat.

You can add a menu item in the adobe reader or adobe acrobat using
javascript. I added the following as

c:/Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat 7.0/Reader/Javascripts/remember.js:

app.addMenuItem({cName:"Remember", cParent:"Tools",
   cExec:"app.launchURL('remember://' + this.URL.replace('|', ':') +
'::remember::' + this.info.Title + '::remember::'); "});

This adds a Remember menu item under the Tools menu. It only sends the
file name and title. I couldn't figure out how to grab the active
selection. It may not be supported in javascript. Unless something
turns up, you'll have to copy/paste manually. The .replace('|', ':')
bit is to get the window's filename right, so links work right in
org-mode. The same approach works for both Reader and Acrobat.

This is on windows xp. I imagine it should work in linux or mac.

- ts