From: Liang Wang <netcasper@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Tiny font in org-agenda-columns when using emacs --daemon
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:56:26 +0000 (UTC)

Jakob Lombacher <Jakob <at> lombacher.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I start emacs as daemon "emacs --daemon"  and than attache a
> client to it, the org-agenda-columns view appears in a very tiny font.
> If I start emacs "normally" the view appears in standard font size.
>
> I found out that the "Org Column face" is set to different values
> (Height: 1, ...). I can adapt it and it works, but when I start the
> emacsclient again, all settings are lost.
> So it looks like the emacsclient overwrites those settings.
>
> Has anybody an idea what's the cause of that? Can anybody report the
> same behavior?

It's been annoying me for a long time.  Here is my quick fix.

(defun wl-org-column-view-uses-fixed-width-face ()
  ;; copy from org-faces.el
  (when (fboundp 'set-face-attribute)
    ;; Make sure that a fixed-width face is used when we have a column table.
    (set-face-attribute 'org-column nil
			:height (face-attribute 'default :height)
			:family (face-attribute 'default :family))))

(when (and (fboundp 'daemonp) (daemonp))
  (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'wl-org-column-view-uses-fixed-width-face))

> I use emacs 23.1-r3 on a gentoo linux system and org-mode 6.36c.
>
> Jakob

  parent reply index