* Hide drawers in indirect buffers?
@ 2011-10-01 17:23 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-01 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I initially request an indirect buffer for an item (especially from
the agenda) it shows up with all its drawers open.  I'd prefer it if
they were closed by default.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Hide drawers in indirect buffers?
@ 2011-10-02 19:36 ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-02 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

on Sat Oct 01 2011, Dave Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:

> When I initially request an indirect buffer for an item (especially from
> the agenda) it shows up with all its drawers open.  I'd prefer it if
> they were closed by default.  Is there a way to do that?

To follow up my own post...

This is actually very surprising, because the entry shows up in a state
that can't be reached by tabbing on its headline, with all the drawers
open.  If you run (org-show-entry) in the indirect buffer it goes into a
less-noisy configuration.

--

@ 2011-10-04  8:00   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-10-04  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 2, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Sat Oct 01 2011, Dave Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:
>
>> When I initially request an indirect buffer for an item (especially from
>> the agenda) it shows up with all its drawers open.  I'd prefer it if
>> they were closed by default.  Is there a way to do that?
>
> To follow up my own post...
>
> This is actually very surprising, because the entry shows up in a state
> that can't be reached by tabbing on its headline, with all the drawers
> open.  If you run (org-show-entry) in the indirect buffer it goes into a
> less-noisy configuration.

This is indeed a bug, fixed now.

- Carsten

* Re: Hide drawers in indirect buffers?
@ 2011-10-04 15:22     ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-04 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

on Tue Oct 04 2011, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>

>> on Sat Oct 01 2011, Dave Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When I initially request an indirect buffer for an item (especially from
>>> the agenda) it shows up with all its drawers open.  I'd prefer it if
>>> they were closed by default.  Is there a way to do that?
>>
>> To follow up my own post...
>>
>> This is actually very surprising, because the entry shows up in a state
>> that can't be reached by tabbing on its headline, with all the drawers
>> open.  If you run (org-show-entry) in the indirect buffer it goes into a
>> less-noisy configuration.
>
> This is indeed a bug, fixed now.

Thanks.  So, just for my education, can you explain why running
`org-cycle-hook 'all' is superior to just `org-show-entry' (which was my
workaround)?

--

@ 2011-10-16 11:26       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-10-16 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 4.10.2011, at 17:22, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Tue Oct 04 2011, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

>>> To follow up my own post...
>>>
>>> This is actually very surprising, because the entry shows up in a state
>>> that can't be reached by tabbing on its headline, with all the drawers
>>> open.  If you run (org-show-entry) in the indirect buffer it goes into a
>>> less-noisy configuration.
>>
>> This is indeed a bug, fixed now.
>
> Thanks.  So, just for my education, can you explain why running
> `org-cycle-hook 'all' is superior to just `org-show-entry' (which was my
> workaround)?

Because this would also show, for example, archived trees etc.

- Carsten