* Notes when clocking out on item
@ 2012-04-06  3:58 Kyle Sexton
From: Kyle Sexton @ 2012-04-06  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to be prompted for a note about what was done when
clocking out for an item (but not marking it DONE)?  Sometimes I'll be
working all day on a task and would like to keep track of what I do when
clocking out, instead of a big list of clock-in/out times.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kyle Sexton

* Re: Notes when clocking out on item
@ 2012-04-06  4:05 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-06  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Sexton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Sexton <ks@mocker.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to be prompted for a note about what was done when
> clocking out for an item (but not marking it DONE)?  Sometimes I'll be
> working all day on a task and would like to keep track of what I do when
> clocking out, instead of a big list of clock-in/out times.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The manual says:

,----
| `C-c C-x C-o     (`org-clock-out')'
|      Stop the clock (clock-out).  This inserts another timestamp at the
|      same location where the clock was last started.  It also directly
|      computes the resulting time in inserts it after the time range as
|      `=> HH:MM'.  See the variable `org-log-note-clock-out' for the
|      possibility to record an additional note together with the
|      clock-out timestamp(4).
`----

(info "(org) Clocking commands")

Nick

* Re: Notes when clocking out on item
@ 2012-04-06  4:37   ` Kyle Sexton
From: Kyle Sexton @ 2012-04-06  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> The manual says:
>
> ,----
> | `C-c C-x C-o     (`org-clock-out')'
> |      Stop the clock (clock-out).  This inserts another timestamp at the
> |      same location where the clock was last started.  It also directly
> |      computes the resulting time in inserts it after the time range as
> |      `=> HH:MM'.  See the variable `org-log-note-clock-out' for the
> |      possibility to record an additional note together with the
> |      clock-out timestamp(4).
> `----
>
> (info "(org) Clocking commands")

Thanks, my apropos search for org-clock didn't seem to hit on
org-log-note-clock-out.  I'll have to start using info more (but apropos
is so nice!)  I should know by now that all my questions about emacs can
be answered by just knowing where to look in emacs. :)

--
Kyle Sexton