From: Maxim Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Viewing link information
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 09:47:53 +0700

2020-10-30 Russell Adams wrote:
> Are there other ways to view information about an org link that I
> don't list below?
> Are there ways to see this information live while navigating? Maybe on
> the modeline, or messages?

C-h .

Displaying links in minibuffer is regularly discussed here. E.g. the
following message has a link to an older thread therein
https://orgmode.org/list/rjddg8$c9f$1@ciao.gmane.io/

Sometimes I think of something like footnotes or margin notes
representation for links in the visible part of the buffer. Unsure
however if it would be really convenient and feasible. Unlike with
literal links option, long URLs should not distort paragraphs but no
additional action is required to view link target.