From: Maxim Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Multilingual quotes inside paragraphs
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 19:13:37 +0700	[thread overview]

On 26/07/2021 16:25, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:

> I'm experimenting with `org-link-set-parameters' to create multilingual
> quotes (chunks of text) inside paragraphs. Although I focus mainly on
> the export to LaTeX with babel and csquotes packages, I also want extend
> support for HTML and odt output. I leave here some sketches.

Are you intentionally avoiding macros {{{lang(ru, текст)}}}? It seems,
you are abusing links a bit. Though it allows to hide "target" part and
thus to reduce "noise" in the text. On the other hand, links may be
broadly considered as customizable element ("interactive" property is
not necessary for such snippets) since there are no other similar
objects in Org syntax. One problem is support in 3rd party tools:
pandoc, various renderers, e.g. (ruby?) on github.

Another issue is that someone will almost immediately want to put such
quote inside link or vice versa to make some fragment of a quote a
regular link. A workaround is possible:
lang:de?href=https%3A%2F%2Forgmode.org%2F with some code for handling of
unescaped target. I expect complains that it is not user-friendly to
require splitting fragment at the borders of inner link. Org does not
support nested objects of the same type.

> or explicitly preceded by
> a "!": "!german" (the reason for the latter is that in babel we can
> define new languages):

Unsure that ODT and HTML allows to define languages. I would consider
some lisp structures describing mapping of customizable languages codes
to some set of properties.