org-checklist provides two actions which can be triggered when a task is
marked done. These are:
- Clearing the state of all checkboxes in the task.
- Creating, and optionally printing, a file containing a copy of the task with all items in the checked state removed.
2. How to use it
2.1. Quick example
org-checklist as described in the next section. You will then need to
create a recurring task.
* Morning routine SCHEDULED: <2009-02-19 Thu 08:00 +1d> - [ ] Shower - [ ] Brush teeth - [ ] Get dressed - [ ] Eat breakfast - [ ] Check email
Then add the property
RESET_CHECK_BOXES with a value of
t. When the item
is marked done,
2.2. Loading it
Ensure the org contrib directory is in
load-path and add
'org-checklist) to your
2.3. Configurable options
org-checklist has four main configurable options:
- the format of the timestamp added to the
export file. See
format-time-stringfor valid % escapes.
- org export function to use to create the
printable version of the export file. Any of the org export functions will
work. The default is
- parameters for the export function. See the docs for the exporter you are using for useful values.
- parameters for a2ps-print. If you choose to print the exported file, these parameters will be used in place of a2ps-switches.
org-checklist was written by James TD Smith