* VISIBILITY:folded hides all empty lines after heading if org-cycle-separator-lines is set to negative
@ 2010-05-11 19:27 Tom
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom @ 2010-05-11 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is an org file:

---- file begin -----
    * test1
    :PROPERTIES:
    :VISIBILITY: folded
    :END:
    ** test2

    * test3

---- file end -----

org-cycle-separator-lines is set to -2, so org should hide one empty
line after the heading when it's folded and leave the others there.

If I fold the test1 tree with TAB then it collapses only one empty
line after test2 and leaves the other empty lines, so this is correct.

If I add VISIBILITY:folded to the test1 tree then and reopen the file
all the empty lines are hidden after test2 regardless of how many there are.
If I then unfold and then fold the test1 tree manually with TAB it
works correctly.

So it looks like VISIBILTY:folded doesn't take the negative value of
org-cycle-separator-lines into account.

Org-mode version 6.33x

* Re: VISIBILITY:folded hides all empty lines after heading if org-cycle-separator-lines is set to negative
@ 2010-05-11 20:41 ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-05-11 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tom <levelhalom <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Org-mode version 6.33x

I just realized it's not the latest version, because emacs 23.2 preloads
its own org for some reason, before I could set the load path and I
don't yet know how to prevent it and use the latest org.

But I have a feeling this bug is present in the latest version too.

* Re: VISIBILITY:folded hides all empty lines after heading if org-cycle-separator-lines is set to negative
@ 2010-05-12 13:57 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-12 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

nice catch!  This is fixed now.

Thank you!

- Carsten

On May 11, 2010, at 9:27 PM, Tom wrote:

> Here is an org file:

- Carsten

* Re: VISIBILITY:folded hides all empty lines after heading if org-cycle-separator-lines is set to negative
@ 2010-05-12 14:24 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-12 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This is now fixed, thanks.