* orgmode.org is missing a link to the split HTML manual
@ 2013-08-12  3:37 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-08-12  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Is there a reason why the org-manual's index is not linked from the head orgmode.org page?

Under orgmode.org/#docs, the link to the HTML manual is http://orgmode.org/org.html, which downloads the entire contents of the manual into the browser. This is perhaps tolerable on a full-size computer, but if I want to check something using the browser on my tablet, the huge/immense/massive page grinds my tablet to a halt. This index works beautifully, though:

http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html

I think it might be helpful if the main org page gave users the choice whether they want to download the whole manual as one page, or browse separate pages for the various sections and subsections.

hjh

* Re: orgmode.org is missing a link to the split HTML manual
@ 2013-08-12  5:25 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-08-12  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: orgmode

On 12.8.2013, at 05:37, James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason why the org-manual's index is not linked from the head orgmode.org page?
>
> Under orgmode.org/#docs, the link to the HTML manual is http://orgmode.org/org.html, which downloads the entire contents of the manual into the browser. This is perhaps tolerable on a full-size computer, but if I want to check something using the browser on my tablet, the huge/immense/massive page grinds my tablet to a halt. This index works beautifully, though:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html
>
> I think it might be helpful if the main org page gave users the choice whether they want to download the whole manual as one page, or browse separate pages for the various sections and subsections.

OK, I have added such a link.

- Carsten