* Messages loading 6.03
@ 2008-05-24 18:04 Charles Martin
From: Charles Martin @ 2008-05-24 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just subscribed to the list so may have missed messagews about this.
 I installed 6.03 today, and when loading I get the following
messages:

Problems while trying to load feature `org-annotate-file'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-depend'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-elisp-symbol'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-man'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-toc'

Curious as to the import, if any.

--
Non est ad astra mollis e terris via.

* Re: Messages loading 6.03
@ 2008-05-24 19:48 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-24 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Martin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,

This is because you have customized org-modules to load all these
contributed modules, but the directory contrib/lisp is not on your
lisp search path.

- Carsten

@ 2008-05-24 20:00   ` Charles Martin
From: Charles Martin @ 2008-05-24 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Well, no, I hadn't cutstomized it to do any such thing; that's the
state of org-mode straight from the box, or the state after I upgraded
to 6.02b.  However, it turns out that the bit to load that stuff is
indeed set, see the screen capture attached.  I'm suspicious that the
tarball somehow comes with that bit already set.

I don't have the contrib directory either.

Some of that stuff sounds really handy, though, where can I get it?

Thanks

Charlie

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Carsten Dominik <C.Dominik@uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> This is because you have customized org-modules to load all these
> contributed modules, but the directory contrib/lisp is not on your lisp
> search path.
>
> - Carsten
>
> On May 24, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Charles Martin wrote:
>
>> I just subscribed to the list so may have missed messagews about this.
>> I installed 6.03 today, and when loading I get the following
>> messages:

>> Problems while trying to load feature `org-annotate-file'
>> Problems while trying to load feature `org-depend'
>> Problems while trying to load feature `org-elisp-symbol'
>> Problems while trying to load feature `org-man'
>> Problems while trying to load feature `org-toc'
>>

>> Curious as to the import, if any.
>>
>> --
>> Non est ad astra mollis e terris via.

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via.

[-- Attachment #2: Picture 7.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 139800 bytes --]

* Re: Messages loading 6.03
@ 2008-05-24 20:13     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-24 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Martin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 24, 2008, at 10:00 PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Well, no, I hadn't cutstomized it to do any such thing; that's the
> state of org-mode straight from the box, or the state after I upgraded
> to 6.02b.  However, it turns out that the bit to load that stuff is
> indeed set, see the screen capture attached.  I'm suspicious that the
> tarball somehow comes with that bit already set.

Ah, this i interesting, a side effect of renaming org-infojs.el to org-
jsinfo.el.

I am trying to fix this when loading org.el, with this code, just before
defcustom org-modules.

(when (org-bound-and-true-p org-modules)
   (let ((a (member 'org-infojs org-modules)))
     (and a (setcar a 'org-jsinfo))))

Are you loading org.el before actually loading .custom.el or wherever
you have your customization?  This would be a way to defeat my fix....

- Carsten

From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-24 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode