* export to txt files
@ 2008-03-17 15:56 Dimitris Kapetanakis
From: Dimitris Kapetanakis @ 2008-03-17 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello All,
I wanted to ask if there is a way to export an org file as individual txt
files depending on level 1 hierarchy. For example if you have a file like

* Projects
    bla bla text etcetc

* Procedures
  bla bla text etcetc

to output two files projects.txt which contains bla bla text etcetc and
another procedures.txt with its text.

I think it would be useful for blogs and other applications, and looking at
export functions like ascii or latex, it could certainly be done but I am
not so fluent in emacs lisp to do it myself. Any help welcome.
Dimitris

* Re: export to txt files
@ 2008-03-17 16:23 ` Sebastian
From: Sebastian @ 2008-03-17 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dimitris Kapetanakis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dimitris Kapetanakis schrieb:
> Hello All,
> I wanted to ask if there is a way to export an org file as individual
> txt files depending on level 1 hierarchy. For example if you have a
> file like
>
> * Projects
>     bla bla text etcetc
>
> * Procedures
>   bla bla text etcetc
>
> to output two files projects.txt which contains bla bla text etcetc
> and another procedures.txt with its text.
>
> I think it would be useful for blogs and other applications, and
> looking at export functions like ascii or latex, it could certainly be
> done but I am not so fluent in emacs lisp to do it myself. Any help
> welcome.
> Dimitris

Just mark a region and press

C-c C-e RET a RET

will export the region as ascii (I use the git head).

Regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian Rose             Fachinformatiker/Anwendendungsentwickler
Viktoriastaße 22
30451 Hannover             Entwicklung  von Internetanwendungen und
                           Programmen  mit  freien  Werkzeugen  und
                           Bibliotheken.
sebastian_rose@gmx.de      PHP, Java, C/C++,  Bash,  Perl,  Apache,
                           MySQL,  PostgreSQL, xt::commerce, Typo3,
+49 173 / 83 93 417        Server,  Netzwerk,  Desktop,  Datenbank.

* Re: export to txt files
@ 2008-03-17 17:40 ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2008-03-17 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dimitris Kapetanakis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Dimitris Kapetanakis" <katepano@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All,
> I wanted to ask if there is a way to export an org file as individual txt
> files depending on level 1 hierarchy. For example if you have a file like
>
> * Projects
>     bla bla text etcetc
>
> * Procedures
>   bla bla text etcetc
>
> to output two files projects.txt which contains bla bla text etcetc and
> another procedures.txt with its text.

10 points to someone who can do this with just a keyboard macro. 15 if
you can make sure the heading is filesystem safe :)

Cheers,
Phil
--
 Phil Jackson
 http://www.shellarchive.co.uk

* Re: export to txt files
@ 2008-03-17 19:43   ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2008-03-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Dimitris Kapetanakis

  Mmmm... I wrote a program which can do this:
  http://www.danielclemente.com/dislines/index.en.html

  however it's not LISP.
  I have written multilingual org files this way, but it's not comfortable since it requires several programs and processing phases. I am still looking for a solution in Emacs LISP, and if possible, one which integrates nicely with org-mode :-)

* Re: export to txt files
@ 2008-03-17 19:50     ` Hugo Schmitt
From: Hugo Schmitt @ 2008-03-17 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Dimitris Kapetanakis

Hm, I guess I sent this only to Dimitri... I'm resending it to the list..

This seems to do what you want.

(defun org-export-top-levels ()
 (interactive)
 (goto-char (point-min))
 (let (start (point))
       (while (re-search-forward "^* " nil t)
         (write-region start (point-at-bol) (concat (org-get-heading) ".txt"))
         (setq start (point-at-bol)))))

Regards,
Hugo

@ 2008-03-18  5:02       ` Dimitris Kapetanakis