* prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda?
@ 2020-10-31 12:11 William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2020-10-31 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Is there any plan to support prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda? With
that mode, it would make it easier to, for example, replace the todo
keywords with some nice looking unicode chars.

From reddit, I found yantar92 has posted some elisp changes to enable the support:
https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/i3upt6/prettifysymbolsmode_not_working_with_orgagenda/

--
William

* Re: prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda?
@ 2020-11-03  5:05 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-11-03  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Xu, emacs-orgmode

Feel free to prepare a patch using my code and send it here.
I think the following function should be sufficient to preserve
pretty-symbols composition:

(el-patch-defun org-agenda-highlight-todo ...

I have added only 3 lines to the original org-agenda-highlight-todo (see
el-patch-add instances in the body).

That change simply preserves 'composition text property in agenda.

Best,
Ihor

@ 2020-11-03 19:05   ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2020-11-03 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Feel free to prepare a patch using my code and send it here.
> I think the following function should be sufficient to preserve
> pretty-symbols composition:
>
> (el-patch-defun org-agenda-highlight-todo ...
>
> I have added only 3 lines to the original org-agenda-highlight-todo (see
> el-patch-add instances in the body).
>
> That change simply preserves 'composition text property in agenda.

Thanks for the info. I'll be happy to prepare the patch. However, I
would like to hear what is the opinion of org maintainter(s) on this
topic.

--

@ 2020-11-04  1:47     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-11-04  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Xu, emacs-orgmode

> I would like to hear what is the opinion of org maintainter(s) on this
> topic.

Ok. Marking this thread with X-Woof-Help.