* [org2blog] How to add section numbers?
@ 2013-01-24  4:04 Ren Wen shan
From: Ren Wen shan @ 2013-01-24  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

I started to use org2blog for blogging recently and it works great.
Just
wondering if it is possible to add section numbers like
org-export-as-html does.

For example, a org file like this:

* Generally Not Used
** Except
*** By Middle Aged

* Computer
** Scientist

will becomes:

1. Generally Not Used
   1.2 Except
       1.2.1 By Middle Aged

2. Computer
   2.1 Scientist

Thanks,

--
Wenshan Ren
Email: renw...@gmail.com

* Re: [org2blog] How to add section numbers?
@ 2013-01-24 12:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-24 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ren Wen shan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Ren Wen shan <renws1990@gmail.com> writes:

> I started to use org2blog for blogging recently and it works great.
> Just
> wondering if it is possible to add section numbers like
> org-export-as-html does.
>
> For example, a org file like this:
>
> * Generally Not Used
> ** Except
> *** By Middle Aged
>
> * Computer
> ** Scientist
>
> will becomes:
>
> 1. Generally Not Used
>    1.2 Except
>        1.2.1 By Middle Aged
>
> 2. Computer
>    2.1 Scientist
>
> Thanks,

See this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10340276/how-to-add-section-numbers-1-2-3-4-1-automatically-using-css

With an example here:
http://jsfiddle.net/PfcX2/1/

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: [org2blog] How to add section numbers?
@ 2013-01-24 14:59   ` Wenshan Ren
From: Wenshan Ren @ 2013-01-24 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:

> Hi,
>
> Ren Wen shan <renws1990@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I started to use org2blog for blogging recently and it works great.
>> Just
>> wondering if it is possible to add section numbers like
>> org-export-as-html does.
>>
>> For example, a org file like this:
>>
>> * Generally Not Used
>> ** Except
>> *** By Middle Aged
>>
>> * Computer
>> ** Scientist
>>
>> will becomes:
>>
>> 1. Generally Not Used
>>  1.2 Except
>>    1.2.1 By Middle Aged
>>
>> 2. Computer
>>  2.1 Scientist
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> See this:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10340276/how-to-add-section-numbers-1-2-3-4-1-automatically-using-css
>
> With an example here:
> http://jsfiddle.net/PfcX2/1/
>
> HTH,

Hi Bastien,

Thank you, they make sense to me.

It uses CSS counter-increment property to add section numbers, I want to
know if it is possible to make use of labels such as <h1 id="sec-1-1>.

I found that blogs generated by org2blog actually contain section
numbering information (as the label mentioned above), it is just not
showing.

Best,

--
Wenshan Ren
Email: renws1990@gmail.com

@ 2013-01-24 15:41     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-24 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wenshan Ren; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wenshan Ren <renws1990@gmail.com> writes:

> It uses CSS counter-increment property to add section numbers, I want to
> know if it is possible to make use of labels such as <h1
> id="sec-1-1>.

I don't know.

> I found that blogs generated by org2blog actually contain section
> numbering information (as the label mentioned above), it is just not
> showing.

The "label" in the "id" parameter are numbered, but the CSS trick
you want to use will certainly not use this label.

Best,

--
 Bastien