* Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-10 22:04 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-10 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi,

I am releasing Org-mode version 5.23, at

http://orgmode.org

Enjoy!

- Carsten

Changes in Version 5.23
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overview
========

    - New keyword search agenda view

    - Many new extensions available in the CONTRIB directory

    - New remember template option: pre-selection contexts

    - Modifying list/headline status of a line

    - Granularity while editing time stamps

    - New repeaters mechanisms

    - New parameters for dynamic blocks ad the clock table

    - Limiting iCalendar export to fewer entries

    - `M-RET' splits lines again

    - New hooks

Incompatible changes
====================

    - The variable `org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes' is now a list
      of two values - if you have configured this variable before,
      please do it again.

Details
=======

New keyword search agenda view
------------------------------

     `C-c a s' now invokes a special agenda view that can be used
     to search notes by keyword and regular expressions.  In
     particular, it does not require a single regular expression
     or string to search for, but it can search for a number
     keywords or regexps that can occur in arbitrary sequence in
     the entry.  The search knows the boundaries of an entry, can
     use simple Boolean logic and is reasonably fast.  For
     example, the search string

      +computer +wifi -ethernet -{8\.11[bg]}

     will search for note entries that contain the keywords
     `computer' and `wifi', but not the keyword `ethernet', and
     which are also not matched by the regular expression
     "8\.11[bg]", meaning to exclude both 8.11b and 8.11g.  If the
     first character of the search string is an asterisk, the
     search will only look at headlines - otherwise it will look
     at the headine and the text below it, up to the next
     (possibly sub-) heading.

     The command searches all agenda files, and in addition the
     files listed in `org-agenda-text-search-extra-files'.

     I find it very useful to define a custom command to do such
     a search only in a limited number of files (my notes files),
     like this:

      ("N" "Search notes" search ""
        ((org-agenda-files '("~/org/notes.org" "~/org/computer.org"))
         (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))

Many new extensions available in the CONTRIB directory

     - Phil Jackson's /org-irc.el/ is now part of the Org-mode
       core, which means it will become part of Emacs soon.

     - The new development model already starts to pay off, a
       number of interesting extensions are now part of the
       distribution.  Check the file CONTRIB/README for a list.

     - There is a new variable `org-default-extensions'.
       Configuring this variable makes it *very* easy to load
       these default extensions - eventually this will be expanded
       to cover contributed extensions as well.

New remember template option: pre-selection contexts

     - Remember template definitions now allow six elements.  The
       last element defines the contexts in which the template
       should be offered.  It can be a list of major modes, a
       function, `t' or `nil'.  If it is a list of major-mode, the
       template will be available only when `org-remember' is
       called from a buffer in one of these modes.  If it is a
       function, the template will be offered only if the function
       returns `t' when called in the current buffer.  A value of
       `t' or `nil' for this element means select this template in
       any context.

       One possible application for this would be to have several
       templates all using the same selection letter, and choosing
       the right one based on context.  For example, think of
       tasks describing a bug in a source code file.  With the
       following configuration we make sure that the bug reports
       are filed into the appropriate sections of the target file.

  (setq org-remember-templates
   '(("Elisp" ?b "* %a\n\n%i%?" "~/bugs.org" "Elisp bugs" (emacs-lisp-
mode))
     ("C Bugs" ?b "* %a\n\n%i%?" "~/bugs.org" "C bugs" (cc-mode))))

       See (info "(org)Remember templates") for details.

Modifying list/headline status of a line

     - `C-c -' has now more functions:
       + In a table, add a hline as before
       + In an item list, cycle bullet type as before
       + In a normal line, turn it into an item
       + In a headline, turn it into an item
       + If there is an active region, turn each line into an item.
         But if the first region line is already an item, remove
         item markers from all lines.

       Based on proposals by Bastien.

     - `C-c *' has now more functions
       + in a table, recompute, as before
       + in a normal line, convert it to a sub heading.
       + at an item, convert it into a subheading
       + if there is an active region, convert all lines in the
         region to headlines.  However, if the first lie already is
         a heading, remove the stars from all lines int he region.

       Based on proposals by Bastien.

Changes related to time stamps
------------------------------

     - The value variable `org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes' is now
       a list of two values.  The first applies when creating a new
       time stamp.  The second applies when modifying a timestamp
       with S-up/down.  The default for this new task is 5 minutes,
       but 15 may also be a very good value for many people.  If
       S-up/down is used on a time stamp where the minute part is
       not compatible with this granularity it will be made so.
       You can bypass this by using a prefix argument to exactly
       specify the number of minutes to shift.

       This was a proposal by Adam Spiers.

     - New repeaters that shift a date relative to today, or that
       make sure that the next date is in the future.  For example:

       ** TODO Call Father
          DEADLINE: <2008-02-10 Sun ++1w>
          Marking this DONE will shift the date by at least one week,
          but also by as many weeks as it takes to get this date into
          the future.  However, it stays on a Sunday, even if you called
          and marked it done on Saturday.
       ** TODO Check the batteries in the smoke detectors
          DEADLINE: <2005-11-01 Tue .+1m>
          Marking this DONE will shift the date to one month after
          today.

       Proposed by Wanrong Lin and Rainer Stengle.

New parameters for dynamic blocks ad the clock table

     - There is a new `:link' parameter for the clocktable.  When
       set, the headlines listed in the table will be links to the
       original headlines.

     - There is a new `:content' parameter that is passed to the
       writer function of the dynamic block.  Use this parameter
       to pass the previous content of the block to the writer
       function, in case you want to make the outcome dependent on
       the previous content.

Limiting iCalendar export to fewer entries

     - New way to limit iCalendar export to the entries captured in
       an agenda view.  This is done by "writing" the agenda view
       using `C-x C-w' to a file with extension .ics.

       This was a request by Kyle Sexton.

Misc
----

    - Due to a popular revolt shortly after the 5.22 release,
      `M-RET' can again be used to split a line so that the rest
      of the line becomes the new heading.  However, if you do
      this in a heading containing tags, the tags will stay in the
      old line.

      Customize the variable `org-M-RET-may-split-line' if you
      don't want this command to split a line in the middle.  The
      same variable also influences line splitting in items and in
      tables.

    - There are three new hooks:

      `org-follow-link-hook': runs after following a link
      `org-publish-before-export-hook': runs before export
      `org-publish-after-export-hook': runs after export

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  0:03 ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-03-11  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi,

Thanks for the release!

There is a bug which I got from an Email several weeks ago said it has
been fixed, but I still found it in the 5.23a.  When export the org file
to html, emacs opens the .html file in the buffer. Since the html file
has already been saved, shall we not open it in Emacs?  Another reason
that this matters to me is that I'm using the nXhtml mode, whenever
emacs opens the html file, (even in the background buffer), it will load
this mode and open the *nXhtml Welcome* buffer in half window. :)

Best,
Xin

@ 2008-03-11  0:20   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-11  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi Xin,

Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:

> When export the org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the
> buffer. Since the html file has already been saved, shall we not open
> it in Emacs?

`C-c C-e b' -- The `b' standing for [b]rowsing.

| Command   | Save to a file | Jump to buffer | Don't kill buffer |
|-----------+----------------+----------------+-------------------|
| C-c C-e b | V              | V              | V                 |
| C-c C-e h | V              | X              | V                 |
| C-c C-e H | X [temp buf]   | V              | V                 |

All export commands export to a buffer.
All exported buffers are still around after export.
Some export command also save the file.
Some export command also jump to the buffer.

Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.

HTH,

--
Bastien

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  0:57     ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-03-11  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Hi Xin,
>
> Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:
>

>> When export the org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the
>> buffer. Since the html file has already been saved, shall we not open
>> it in Emacs?
>>

> `C-c C-e b' -- The `b' standing for [b]rowsing.

I used the C-c C-e h ( org-export-as-html).

> | Command   | Save to a file | Jump to buffer | Don't kill buffer |
> |-----------+----------------+----------------+-------------------|
> | C-c C-e b | V              | V              | V                 |
> | C-c C-e h | V              | X              | V                 |
> | C-c C-e H | X [temp buf]   | V              | V                 |
>
> All export commands export to a buffer.
> All exported buffers are still around after export.

Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
that buffer in this case.  (I know in the ps-spool-buffer case, the
output PostScript buffer is open, because that buffer is not saved to
any file).

> Some export command also save the file.
> Some export command also jump to the buffer.
>
> Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
> be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.

I'm not sure where are these two differences comes from? Are they
behaviors in org or in general?

> HTH,

Thank you!

Xin

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  1:15       ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-03-11  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:

> Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
> let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
> that buffer in this case.

I don't know what the default should be, I have no personal preference.
I think it's quite useful to have the exported file accessible through
the list of buffers even if you don't want to jump to it.

But I certainly wouldn't go for an option about this.

What people think?

>> Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
>> be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.
>>
> I'm not sure where are these two differences comes from? Are they
> behaviors in org or in general?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "in general".  In case of publishing,
since you can publish a project from *any* buffer, it doesn't really
make sense to keep the exported buffers alive, right?  As for the (1),
the truth is that it would be nice to be able to add a file to a project
on the fly.

--
Bastien

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  1:52         ` Xiao-Yong Jin
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2008-03-11  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:
>
>> Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
>> let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
>> that buffer in this case.
>
> I don't know what the default should be, I have no personal preference.
> I think it's quite useful to have the exported file accessible through
> the list of buffers even if you don't want to jump to it.

I second that.  Because I use `midnight' to take care of
useless buffers and `ido' does well on choosing buffers,
leaving such a buffer open is not completely useless, if
people have enough RAM.

> But I certainly wouldn't go for an option about this.
>
> What people think?

I think it could be an option, if someone thinks he/she
would use it.  At the very least, we can have an option to
keep our environment green.

And a second thought on Xin's issue.  I believe the one whom
we should blame to is nXhtml mode, because if I understand
correctly, his problem is that an additional window being
created by nXhtml mode, when the html file is generated.  So
I would guess that even if the buffer is killed after the
generation, that additional nXhtml window would still be
there.  Therefore, I would suggest that Xin disable the
annoying/useless behaviour of nXhtml mode.

Xiao-Yong
--
    c/*    __o/*
    <\     * (__

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  2:05         ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-03-11  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien Guerry wrote:
> Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:
>

>> Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
>> let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
>> that buffer in this case.
>>

> I don't know what the default should be, I have no personal preference.
> I think it's quite useful to have the exported file accessible through
> the list of buffers even if you don't want to jump to it.

If there are programs still need to access that buffer, I agree to keep
it in the buffer list.  Otherwise, I don't think people want to EDIT
that html file inside Emacs by hand :)

> But I certainly wouldn't go for an option about this.
>
> What people think?

I'm using firefox to view the output. If there are people still using
the Emacs to view the output .html file, let's just keep it there.

>>> Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
>>> be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.
>>>

>> I'm not sure where are these two differences comes from? Are they
>> behaviors in org or in general?
>>

> I'm not sure what do you mean by "in general".  In case of publishing,
> since you can publish a project from *any* buffer, it doesn't really
> make sense to keep the exported buffers alive, right?  As for the (1),
> the truth is that it would be nice to be able to add a file to a project
> on the fly.

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  2:21           ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-03-11  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xiao-Yong,

Thanks for your message!

I'll look into the nXhtml mode to turn that off.

Xin

Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:
> Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>

>> Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:
>>

>>> Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
>>> let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
>>> that buffer in this case.
>>>
>> I don't know what the default should be, I have no personal preference.
>> I think it's quite useful to have the exported file accessible through
>> the list of buffers even if you don't want to jump to it.
>>

> I second that.  Because I use `midnight' to take care of
> useless buffers and `ido' does well on choosing buffers,
> leaving such a buffer open is not completely useless, if
> people have enough RAM.
>

>> But I certainly wouldn't go for an option about this.
>>
>> What people think?
>>

> I think it could be an option, if someone thinks he/she
> would use it.  At the very least, we can have an option to
> keep our environment green.
>

> And a second thought on Xin's issue.  I believe the one whom
> we should blame to is nXhtml mode, because if I understand
> correctly, his problem is that an additional window being
> created by nXhtml mode, when the html file is generated.  So
> I would guess that even if the buffer is killed after the
> generation, that additional nXhtml window would still be
> there.  Therefore, I would suggest that Xin disable the
> annoying/useless behaviour of nXhtml mode.
>
> Xiao-Yong

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  2:56   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-11  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

On Mar 11, 2008, at 1:03 AM, Xin Shi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the release!
>
> There is a bug which I got from an Email several weeks ago said it
> has been fixed, but I still found it in the 5.23a.  When export the
> org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the buffer. Since
> the html file has already been saved, shall we not open it in
> Emacs?  Another reason that this matters to me is that I'm using the
> nXhtml mode, whenever emacs opens the html file, (even in the
> background buffer), it will load this mode and open the *nXhtml
> Welcome* buffer in half window. :)

That is horrible bahavior, and you should start by writing a bug
report to the maintainer of that package....

- Carsten

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  3:47     ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-03-11  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Mar 11, 2008, at 1:03 AM, Xin Shi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the release!
>>
>> There is a bug which I got from an Email several weeks ago said it
>> has been fixed, but I still found it in the 5.23a.  When export the
>> org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the buffer. Since
>> the html file has already been saved, shall we not open it in
>> Emacs?  Another reason that this matters to me is that I'm using the
>> nXhtml mode, whenever emacs opens the html file, (even in the
>> background buffer), it will load this mode and open the *nXhtml
>> Welcome* buffer in half window. :)
>
> That is horrible bahavior, and you should start by writing a bug
> report to the maintainer of that package....

The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
group.

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11  5:11       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-11  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

On Mar 11, 2008, at 4:47 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> On Mar 11, 2008, at 1:03 AM, Xin Shi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the release!
>>>
>>> There is a bug which I got from an Email several weeks ago said it
>>> has been fixed, but I still found it in the 5.23a.  When export the
>>> org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the buffer. Since
>>> the html file has already been saved, shall we not open it in
>>> Emacs?  Another reason that this matters to me is that I'm using the
>>> nXhtml mode, whenever emacs opens the html file, (even in the
>>> background buffer), it will load this mode and open the *nXhtml
>>> Welcome* buffer in half window. :)
>>
>> That is horrible bahavior, and you should start by writing a bug
>> report to the maintainer of that package....
>
> The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
> group.

Well, this is good, but still it is a bug that it is not off by default.
Just imagine a world in which every Emacs extension permanently
split the frame to display a welcome message.

- Carsten

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11 13:26       ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-03-11 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

Richard G Riley wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>

>> On Mar 11, 2008, at 1:03 AM, Xin Shi wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the release!
>>>
>>> There is a bug which I got from an Email several weeks ago said it
>>> has been fixed, but I still found it in the 5.23a.  When export the
>>> org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the buffer. Since
>>> the html file has already been saved, shall we not open it in
>>> Emacs?  Another reason that this matters to me is that I'm using the
>>> nXhtml mode, whenever emacs opens the html file, (even in the
>>> background buffer), it will load this mode and open the *nXhtml
>>> Welcome* buffer in half window. :)
>>>
>> That is horrible bahavior, and you should start by writing a bug
>> report to the maintainer of that package....
>>

> The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
> group.

I found it:
(setq nxhtml-skip-welcome t)

Thank you all!

Xin

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11 15:00         ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-03-11 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list, Richard G Riley

Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:

> Richard G Riley wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>>> That is horrible bahavior, and you should start by writing a bug
>>> report to the maintainer of that package....
>>>

>> The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
>> group.
>>

> I found it:
> (setq nxhtml-skip-welcome t)
>
> Thank you all!
>
> Xin

I think its worth pointing out in Lennart's defence that this option is
there, and the welcome screen is there to ensure that the new user sets
the necessary options necessary to regulate nxhtml's workings - it's not
a trivial package. AFAIK the welcome screen has a well flagged "setup"
button and then will not appear again after setting up the required
usage the first time.

I'd also like to add it's one of the best packages out there for anyone
using mix-mode files (e.g a php file containing xhtml, php, js etc)
. The nxml completion works very well. The different mode hiliting is
good. The auto switch between language specific minor modes as you
cursor around is excellent. I had trouble recently with it but it seems
the bugs are pretty much ironed out now.

nxhtml and org-mode are my two main utility packages now.

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-11 15:03           ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-03-11 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi Richard,

I'm very glad to hear that! I like to use nXhtml to cope with CSS file,
it is great :)

Xin

Richard G Riley wrote:
> Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:
>

>> Richard G Riley wrote:

>>> The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
>>> group.
>>>

>> I found it:
>> (setq nxhtml-skip-welcome t)
>>
>> Thank you all!
>>
>> Xin
>>

> I think its worth pointing out in Lennart's defence that this option is
> there, and the welcome screen is there to ensure that the new user sets
> the necessary options necessary to regulate nxhtml's workings - it's not
> a trivial package. AFAIK the welcome screen has a well flagged "setup"
> button and then will not appear again after setting up the required
> usage the first time.
>
> I'd also like to add it's one of the best packages out there for anyone
> using mix-mode files (e.g a php file containing xhtml, php, js etc)
> . The nxml completion works very well. The different mode hiliting is
> good. The auto switch between language specific minor modes as you
> cursor around is excellent. I had trouble recently with it but it seems
> the bugs are pretty much ironed out now.
>
> nxhtml and org-mode are my two main utility packages now.

* Re: Release 5.23a - [BUG ?] closing-notes
@ 2008-03-11 16:58 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2008-03-11 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi, eveeryone,

I have 2 problem with the repeating time
and notes.

org version  : Org-mode version 5.23a
emacs version: GNU Emacs 22.1.1
(i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
               of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE
OS: WinXP

minimum org file:
------------------------
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
#+STARTUP: lognotedone

* TODO write data proof
  DEADLINE: <2008-03-10 lun +1d>
----------------------------------

If I do:   C-c C-t
the TODO goes *directly* to DONE  state.

Question 1.
===============
  Problem: I can't insert a note.

Q: Is there something else I shall do to
   insert a note?

Question 2.
============
Comment: With v.5.21 I had:
         - CLOSING NOTE [2008-03-10 lun 16:43]

with v. 5.23(a?) a string is added to the file:

  - State "DONE"       [2008-03-11 mar 17:30]
-----------------------

This seems to be not coherent with the manual
that states:

|-
|"a line `CLOSED: [timestamp]' will be inserted just
|after the headline."
|-

Q: Since there's no the "CLOSED" line,
   shall the manual be updated?

Cheers,

Giovanni

      Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
La web mail più usata al mondo. http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html

* Re: Release 5.23a - [BUG ?] closing-notes
@ 2008-03-11 18:23   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-11 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Ridolfi; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

Hi Giovanni,

Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it> writes:

> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
> #+STARTUP: lognotedone
>
> * TODO write data proof
>   DEADLINE: <2008-03-10 lun +1d>

Use lognoterepeat for logging such timestamps.

> Comment: With v.5.21 I had:
>          - CLOSING NOTE [2008-03-10 lun 16:43]
>
> with v. 5.23(a?) a string is added to the file:

>   - State "DONE"       [2008-03-11 mar 17:30]

Yes, see the option `org-log-note-headings' in case you want to
configure this.

> This seems to be not coherent with the manual
> that states:
>
> |-
> |"a line `CLOSED: [timestamp]' will be inserted just
> |after the headline."
> |-

AFAIU the CLOSED: [timestamp] is added after the headline when closing
non-repeating timestamps.  Adding such a cookie would actually be a bit
weird for _repeating_ timestamps...

Hope this helps,

--
Bastien

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-12 21:14 ` Jost Burkardt
From: Jost Burkardt @ 2008-03-12 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

> Changes in Version 5.23
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Overview
> ========
>
>    - New keyword search agenda view

I must say, I really, really like this new feature. Finally there's the
org-feature I can use to mimick org-registry's behaviour, like I always
wanted it to be.

The only thing I'm missing is something like *search only TODO entrys*,
(C-c a S ?).

Would this be difficult to implement, or can I customize this by some
clever configuration? I imagine I can work around with a search for
something like +TODO +second_keyword, but even then the still the
font-locking ist not available

--
 Jost

* Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-13  7:16           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-13  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode] list

On Mar 11, 2008, at 4:00 PM, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:
>
>> Richard G Riley wrote:

>>> The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
>>> group.
>>>

>> I found it:
>> (setq nxhtml-skip-welcome t)
>>
>> Thank you all!
>>
>> Xin
>
> I think its worth pointing out in Lennart's defence that this option
> is
> there, and the welcome screen is there to ensure that the new user
> sets
> the necessary options necessary to regulate nxhtml's workings - it's
> not
> a trivial package. AFAIK the welcome screen has a well flagged "setup"
> button and then will not appear again after setting up the required
> usage the first time.

Well, if uh a button is there then I will soften my criticism.  Truth
is I don't know this package, so I don't really know what it is like.
I am just extremely wary of software that interferes more that you have
asked it to do, those things annoy me extremely much.  However,
if it is a first-time usage thing with a clearly visible way how to get
this disappear - sounds better.

- Carsten

> I'd also like to add it's one of the best packages out there for
> anyone
> using mix-mode files (e.g a php file containing xhtml, php, js etc)
> . The nxml completion works very well. The different mode hiliting is
> good. The auto switch between language specific minor modes as you
> cursor around is excellent. I had trouble recently with it but it
> seems
> the bugs are pretty much ironed out now.
>
> nxhtml and org-mode are my two main utility packages now.

* Re: Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-13  7:36   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-13  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jost Burkardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 12, 2008, at 10:14 PM, Jost Burkardt wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Changes in Version 5.23
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Overview
>> ========
>>
>>   - New keyword search agenda view
>
> I must say, I really, really like this new feature. Finally there's
> the
> org-feature I can use to mimick org-registry's behaviour, like I
> always
> wanted it to be.
>
> The only thing I'm missing is something like *search only TODO
> entrys*,
> (C-c a S ?).
>
> Would this be difficult to implement, or can I customize this by some
> clever configuration? I imagine I can work around with a search for
> something like +TODO +second_keyword, but even then the still the
> font-locking ist not available

I Jost, you are right that adding "+TODO" (the "+" is actually optional
would do this for you.  But I can see that a variant that only
looks in TODO entries could be useful and would also cover cases where
you have several TODO states.

I am not sure what you mean with "the font-locking is not available".
Please explain.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Release 5.23a
@ 2008-03-13 16:34   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-13 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jost Burkardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 12, 2008, at 10:14 PM, Jost Burkardt wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Changes in Version 5.23
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Overview
>> ========
>>
>>   - New keyword search agenda view
>
> I must say, I really, really like this new feature. Finally there's
> the
> org-feature I can use to mimick org-registry's behaviour, like I
> always
> wanted it to be.
>
> The only thing I'm missing is something like *search only TODO
> entrys*,
> (C-c a S ?).

Is it on `C-u C-c a s', just as `C-u C-c a m'  does the tags match only
for TODO entries.

> Would this be difficult to implement, or can I customize this by some
> clever configuration? I imagine I can work around with a search for
> something like +TODO +second_keyword, but even then the still the
> font-locking ist not available

I am now fontifying the TODO keyword in the line.  It there anything
else you meant?

- Carsten