* Problems with displaying inline images
@ 2017-03-09 14:25 Julian M. Burgos
From: Julian M. Burgos @ 2017-03-09 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I cannot get org-mode to display inline images.  Instead, when doing M-x
org-toggle-inline-images I get a "No images to display inline".  But if
I click on the image link, the image appears in a new buffer with no problems.

This happens with a clean emacs instance (emacs -Q), so it is not my
configuration. I am running org mode 9.0.5 on emacs 25.1.1. with support
for ImageMagick, on CentOS 7.

Does anybody has an idea of what could be wrong?

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnun, rannsókna- og ráðgjafarstofnun hafs og vatna/

* Re: Problems with displaying inline images
       [not found] <96656317db234fc6909f34ab30764bcf@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-03-09 16:17 ` Eric S Fraga
       [not found] ` <8760jio25x.fsf@delle7240.chemeng.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-03-09 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday,  9 Mar 2017 at 14:25, Julian M. Burgos wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I cannot get org-mode to display inline images.  Instead, when doing M-x
> org-toggle-inline-images I get a "No images to display inline".  But if
> I click on the image link, the image appears in a new buffer with no problems.

Read the description of the org-display-inline-images command, which
org-toggle-inline-images uses.  If your link has associated text,
i.e. [[file:image][some text]], you will need to invoke either command
with C-u as, by default, only those messages with no descriptive text
will be displayed as they are not considered "inline".

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-241-gc3d67b

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

@ 2017-03-10 10:00   ` Julian M. Burgos
       [not found]     ` <162b822d558b4de2bc044dfd9fe4b599@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Julian M. Burgos @ 2017-03-10 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Eric. I did read the description, and my link do not have any
associated text.  It is something else. If I evaluate (print
image-types) I get the following:

(imagemagick png gif tiff jpeg xpm xbm pbm postscript).  And if I
evaluate for example (image-type-available-p 'jpeg) I get "t".  But if I evaluate (print image-library-alist), I get nil.  I think I am supposed to get the
libraries used by emacs to display the images, correct?  Do I need to
populate this list by hand?

Thanks again,

Julian

@ 2017-03-10 13:21     ` Julian M. Burgos
       [not found]     ` <162b822d558b4de2bc044dfd9fe4b599@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Julian M. Burgos @ 2017-03-10 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Do'oh! It wasn't an org-mode issue.  The figures where bitmaps and I did not
have bmp in the image-file-name-extensions variables.  Sorry for the
noise!

@ 2017-03-10 15:20       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-03-10 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode