* Entire missing sections in export to latex
@ 2013-01-19 23:08 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2013-01-19 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Headlines that skip levels by accident or typo, for instance copying
from another document, disappear from the latex export output without
warning. See below for minimum working example. HTML and ascii don't
have this issue.

Org version 7.8.10 on Emacs 23.3.1.

This is the old exporter, I haven't tried the new one yet.

-------------------- MWE.org

* First heading

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam mi purus,
placerat sed sodales tempus, interdum et felis. Nullam fringilla
elementum tincidunt. Aenean risus augue, adipiscing sed blandit eget,

** Second heading

Mauris a quam justo, ut euismod nisi. Cras volutpat sapien non urna
dapibus non sollicitudin leo viverra. Curabitur consequat risus ut
diam elementum sit amet ultrices diam suscipit. In et erat dolor, et

**** Fourth heading missing

You can't see me!

Phasellus ut velit odio, imperdiet mollis nulla. Fusce commodo magna
at velit egestas id suscipit ligula pretium. Aenean dui lorem,
scelerisque in luctus sed, aliquam id tortor. Morbi ut orci sit amet

* Fifth heading

Donec sed odio ac nisi dignissim egestas. Mauris faucibus nibh
ultricies mauris ultrices dignissim. Vestibulum imperdiet hendrerit
cursus. Ut tempus auctor felis, a vestibulum lorem condimentum

---------------------- MWE.tex

\documentclass[10pt,letterpaper]{article}

\providecommand{\alert}[1]{\textbf{#1}}

\title{MWE}
\author{adamsrl}
\date{\today}
\hypersetup{
  pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Emacs Org-mode version 7.8.10}}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{4}
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

\section{First heading}
\label{sec-1}

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam mi purus,
placerat sed sodales tempus, interdum et felis. Nullam fringilla
elementum tincidunt. Aenean risus augue, adipiscing sed blandit eget,
\subsection{Second heading}
\label{sec-1-1}

Mauris a quam justo, ut euismod nisi. Cras volutpat sapien non urna
dapibus non sollicitudin leo viverra. Curabitur consequat risus ut
diam elementum sit amet ultrices diam suscipit. In et erat dolor, et
\section{Fifth heading}
\label{sec-2}

Donec sed odio ac nisi dignissim egestas. Mauris faucibus nibh
ultricies mauris ultrices dignissim. Vestibulum imperdiet hendrerit
cursus. Ut tempus auctor felis, a vestibulum lorem condimentum

\end{document}

* Re: Entire missing sections in export to latex
@ 2013-01-23 13:51 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-23 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Russell,

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> Headlines that skip levels by accident or typo, for instance copying
> from another document, disappear from the latex export output without
> warning. See below for minimum working example. HTML and ascii don't
> have this issue.
>
> Org version 7.8.10 on Emacs 23.3.1.
>
> This is the old exporter, I haven't tried the new one yet.

This is an known issue with the old exporter, which forces you
to get a correctly (i.e. complete) hierarchy of headlines.

The new exporter is more flexible about this.

HTH,

--
 Bastien