* export to beamer with heading 1 as separators
@ 2019-09-24 16:15 Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2019-09-24 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,
I'm trying to export to beamer my org-mode presentation, but I would
like that top level elements in the tree appears as "separators"
slides, that is chapter introduction.

So if my tree is:

* License
* Arg 0
** slide 1
** slide 2
** slide 3
* Arg 1
** slide 4
** slide 5
** slide 6

I want to have "License", "Arg 0" and "arg 1" as slides with title on
the center (if possible).
What directive should I use?

Thanks,
Luca

* Re: export to beamer with heading 1 as separators
@ 2019-09-24 17:22 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-09-24 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Tuesday, 24 Sep 2019 at 18:15, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> I'm trying to export to beamer my org-mode presentation, but I would
> like that top level elements in the tree appears as "separators"
> slides, that is chapter introduction.

You can make second level headings to correspond to slides with top
level headings as "sections" by specifying:

> I want to have "License", "Arg 0" and "arg 1" as slides with title on
> the center (if possible).  What directive should I use?

To do this, you should add something along these lines:

#+latex_header: \AtBeginSection[]{\begin{frame}<beamer>{Topic}\tableofcontents[currentsection]\end{frame}}

You might wish to play with the LaTeX contents to get just the title
alone but this should provide you a good starting point.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-401-gfabd6d

* Re: export to beamer with heading 1 as separators
@ 2019-09-25  8:22   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2019-09-25  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 7:22 PM Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> #+latex_header: \AtBeginSection[]{\begin{frame}<beamer>{Topic}\tableofcontents[currentsection]\end{frame}}

Thanks Eric, but I cannot get it working.
I've build an org example:

#+TITLE:     Beamer Test

#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0
path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js

#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+latex_header: \AtBeginSection[]{\begin{frame}FOOOOO\end{frame}}
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 3

* First Argument
** Introduction
*** Installing
Here instructions on how to install
*** Check installation
Run the program test
** Usage
*** Main command line option
#+begin_src
foo --bar
#+end_src

Now, all my slides are at heading level 3, so the option should be H:3.
So far so good, how can I make heading level 1 and 2 appear as separate slides?
I've tried to play around with beamer_frame_level without any success.
Also the FOOOO in the at-begin-section is not appearing anywhere in
the presentation (and I cannot find it in the latex buffer).

Suggestions?

@ 2019-09-25  8:39     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-09-25  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi Luca,

almost there.  You need to enable section numbering for what you want to
work so set num:t in the options.

If you want second level headings to appear as well, add

#+latex_header: \AtBeginSubsection[]{\begin{frame}BARRRRR\end{frame}}

--
: Professor Eric S Fraga, http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf
: PGP/GPG key: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D

* Re: export to beamer with heading 1 as separators
@ 2019-09-25  9:11       ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2019-09-25  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:39 AM Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> #+latex_header: \AtBeginSubsection[]{\begin{frame}BARRRRR\end{frame}}

Great!
So far, after having activated numbering, the following made me almost happy:

#+latex_header: \newtranslation[to=italian]{Section}{Capitolo}
#+latex_header: \newtranslation[to=italian]{Subsection}{}
#+latex_header: \selectlanguage{italian}
#+latex_header:
\AtBeginSection[]{\begin{frame}<beamer>{}\sectionpage\end{frame}}
#+latex_header:
\AtBeginSubsection[]{\begin{frame}<beamer>{}\subsectionpage\end{frame}}

If I can remove the numbering from second level heading, keeping the
\subsectionpage title information, that would be perfect!

@ 2019-09-25  9:28         ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-09-25  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Wednesday, 25 Sep 2019 at 11:11, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> If I can remove the numbering from second level heading, keeping the
> \subsectionpage title information, that would be perfect!

Try using \insertsection and \insertsubsection instead of what you have used.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-401-gfabd6d