* remove TODO state in agenda view
@ 2017-08-04  8:32 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-04  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Choosing "space" when changing the TODO state of an entry with C-c C-t
in an org buffer clears the TODO state. However it doesn't work in the
agenda view. How can I clear the TODO state in agenda view, possibly in
bulk-mode ?

Julien.

* Re: remove TODO state in agenda view
@ 2017-08-04 10:15 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-08-04 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Choosing "space" when changing the TODO state of an entry with C-c C-t
> in an org buffer clears the TODO state. However it doesn't work in the
> agenda view.

Hi Julien,

Just tried it, and it works for me.  What version of Org are you using?

* Re: remove TODO state in agenda view
@ 2017-08-04 13:28   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Choosing "space" when changing the TODO state of an entry with C-c C-t
>> in an org buffer clears the TODO state. However it doesn't work in the
>> agenda view.
>
> Hi Julien,
>
> Just tried it, and it works for me.  What version of Org are you using?

It's working for me too now. Don't know what I was doing wrong, sorry.

* Re: remove TODO state in agenda view
@ 2017-08-04 14:14   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-04 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2017-08-05  2:32     ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-08-05  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> It's working for me too now. Don't know what I was doing wrong, sorry.

No problem, that happens to me all the time.  At least you didn't do
like I've done and file an actual bug report when restarting Emacs would
have fixed it.  ;)

* Re: remove TODO state in agenda view
@ 2017-08-10 14:20     ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-10 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:
>
>> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>>
>>> Choosing "space" when changing the TODO state of an entry with C-c C-t
>>> in an org buffer clears the TODO state. However it doesn't work in the
>>> agenda view.
>>
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> Just tried it, and it works for me.  What version of Org are you using?
>
> It's working for me too now. Don't know what I was doing wrong, sorry.

Got it: the problem occurs when trying to clear the TODO state of
several entries through a bulk action:

* mark several entries

* "B t" doesn't offer to clear the TODO state with space like "t" does
  on a single entry.

@ 2017-08-11  0:34       ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-08-11  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Got it: the problem occurs when trying to clear the TODO state of
> several entries through a bulk action:
>
> * mark several entries
>
> * "B t" doesn't offer to clear the TODO state with space like "t" does
>   on a single entry.

Yes, I guess that's because it uses completing-read to complete the
tags, instead of using the single-key tag selection.  At least, that's
how it works for me.

* Re: remove TODO state in agenda view
@ 2017-08-11 12:41         ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-08-11 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Got it: the problem occurs when trying to clear the TODO state of
>> several entries through a bulk action:
>>
>> * mark several entries
>>
>> * "B t" doesn't offer to clear the TODO state with space like "t" does
>>   on a single entry.
>
> Yes, I guess that's because it uses completing-read to complete the
> tags, instead of using the single-key tag selection.  At least, that's
> how it works for me.

That's also what it does. It's only a minor annoyance I just noticed
because I'm in the process of cleaning long overdue tasks, but it would
be nice if B t could use the same dialog.

@ 2017-08-11 15:20           ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-08-11 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> That's also what it does. It's only a minor annoyance I just noticed
> because I'm in the process of cleaning long overdue tasks, but it would
> be nice if B t could use the same dialog.

Agreed!  :)