From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>,
	Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>
Subject: Re: [WORG] 2680e65 * org-maintenance.org (Copyright assignments): Minor improvements
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 12:35:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Adam, Bastien,

> +New contributors need to submit the [[https://orgmode.org/request-assign-future.txt][form]] to the FSF.
> +#+begin_center
> +TODO: Get updated version of form from Emacs maintainers that includes the line asking the secretary to send confirmation to interested parties (i.e. the Org maintainers).
> +#+end_center

I think that we are not very accurate here.
According to
https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Copyright-Papers:

   Once the conversation is under way and the contributor is ready for more
   details, you should send one of the templates that are found in the
   directory /gd/gnuorg/Copyright/; they are also available from the
   doc/Copyright/ directory of the gnulib project at
   https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnulib. This section explains which
   templates you should use in which circumstances. Please don’t use any of
   the templates except for those listed here, and please don’t change the
   wording.

We must use a specific form from a specific URL.

Also, about the changes to the FSF form that Stefan mentioned in
https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/jwvh6hne6nv.fsf-monnier+emacs@gnu.org/
It does not look like they are official yet. See
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2024-03/msg00060.html

> +The assignment process does not always go quickly; occasionally it may
> +get stuck or overlooked at the FSF.  The contact at the FSF for this
> +is: =copyright-clerk AT fsf DOT org=.  In rare cases, an inquiry from an
> +Org maintainer gets the process moving again.

I may be missing something, but the last sentence now reads like our
(Org maintainer's) inquiry rarely works.

The previous version is very different, IMHO:

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,