* export beamer
@ 2010-05-04  8:09 Rares Pop
From: Rares Pop @ 2010-05-04  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

i'm using emacs-23.1 and org-mode 6.35i and trying to export as PDF the
beamer document from the Beamer tutorial
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
but i get the following error:

*org-export-latex-set-initial-vars: No definition for class `beamer' in
`org-export-latex-classes'*

Can you please help me on this front?

Thanks,
Rares

* Re: export beamer
@ 2010-05-04 12:47 ` Erik Butz
From: Erik Butz @ 2010-05-04 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rares Pop; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rares,

I had a similar problem recently which was cured by including

(require 'org-latex)

in my .emacs file. Does this help in your case?

Cheers,

Erik

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Rares Pop <rares.pop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm using emacs-23.1 and org-mode 6.35i and trying to export as PDF the
> beamer document from the Beamer tutorial
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
> but i get the following error:
>
> org-export-latex-set-initial-vars: No definition for class `beamer' in
> `org-export-latex-classes'
>
> Can you please help me on this front?
>
> Thanks,
> Rares

* Re: export beamer
@ 2010-05-04 13:18   ` Rares Pop
From: Rares Pop @ 2010-05-04 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Butz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

It's not working.

I'm getting the following error when exporting to PDF:

! LaTeX Error: File `wrapfig.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.11 \usepackage
                {soul}^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

 Thanks,
Rares

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Erik Butz <erik.butz@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rares,
>
> I had a similar problem recently which was cured by including
>
> (require 'org-latex)
>
> in my .emacs file. Does this help in your case?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erik
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Rares Pop <rares.pop@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i'm using emacs-23.1 and org-mode 6.35i and trying to export as PDF the
> > beamer document from the Beamer tutorial
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
> > but i get the following error:
> >
> > org-export-latex-set-initial-vars: No definition for class `beamer' in
> > `org-export-latex-classes'
> >
> > Can you please help me on this front?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rares

* Re: export beamer
@ 2010-05-04 14:38     ` Erik Butz
From: Erik Butz @ 2010-05-04 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rares Pop; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rares,

actually it seems that it IS working. The error you are getting now is
a latex error saying that you are missing a package (wrapfig).  You
probably need to update your latex installation with that package. The
way you do this, depends on the distribution you're using. On
ubuntu/debian you could do:
apt-cache search wrapfig

which would give:
texlive-latex-extra - TeX Live: LaTeX supplementary packages

which would then be the package that you're missing.

Cheers,

Erik

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Rares Pop <rares.pop@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not working.
>
> I'm getting the following error when exporting to PDF:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `wrapfig.sty' not found.
>
> Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
> or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
>
> Enter file name:
> ! Emergency stop.
> <read *>
>
> l.11 \usepackage
>                 {soul}^^M
> *** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)
>
>  Thanks,
> Rares
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Erik Butz <erik.butz@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rares,
>>
>> I had a similar problem recently which was cured by including
>>
>> (require 'org-latex)
>>
>> in my .emacs file. Does this help in your case?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Erik
>>
>> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Rares Pop <rares.pop@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > i'm using emacs-23.1 and org-mode 6.35i and trying to export as PDF the
>> > beamer document from the Beamer tutorial
>> > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
>> > but i get the following error:
>> >
>> > org-export-latex-set-initial-vars: No definition for class `beamer' in
>> > `org-export-latex-classes'
>> >
>> > Can you please help me on this front?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Rares

* Re: export beamer
@ 2010-05-04 15:15     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-05-04 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rares Pop; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 4 May 2010 16:18:40 +0300, Rares Pop <rares.pop@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not working.
>
> I'm getting the following error when exporting to PDF:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `wrapfig.sty' not found.
>
> Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
> or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
>
> Enter file name:
> ! Emergency stop.
> <read *>
>
> l.11 \usepackage
>                 {soul}^^M
> *** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)
>
>  Thanks,
> Rares

This sounds like you have an incomplete latex installation.  It's not
a problem with org per se.  What system are you on and what TeX system
do you have installed?

You can play around with the latex code directly by exporting your org
file to latex (C-c C-e l).

HTH,
eric

NL Professor Eric S Fraga, UCL, http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf/
PG Fingerprint: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D

* Re: export beamer
@ 2010-05-05  7:32       ` Rares Pop
From: Rares Pop @ 2010-05-05  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Butz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode