* colored src blocks question
@ 2021-06-01 16:30 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2021-06-01 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Hi,
I am looking at  org-src-block-faces. It sort of works, but I thought it
should change the whole block, and not just the background of the text in
the block. Is that the intended behavior, or am I missing something?

[image: image.png]

Thanks,

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 112656 bytes --]

* Re: colored src blocks question
@ 2021-06-01 18:51 ` Tom Gillespie
From: Tom Gillespie @ 2021-06-01 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi John,
    Are you perhaps missing the :extend t directive in the font spec? Best,
Tom

* Re: colored src blocks question
@ 2021-06-01 20:21   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2021-06-01 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Gillespie; +Cc: org-mode-email

YES! I remembered something about extend, but couldn't find it anywhere.
That solved my problem.

It might be a good idea to add that to the doc string for
`org-src-block-faces`, maybe with some version note that it applies to.

Thanks so much!

John

-----------------------------------

@ 2021-06-02  3:08 ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2021-06-02  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> Hi,
> I am looking at  org-src-block-faces. It sort of works, but I thought it should change the whole block, and not just the background of the text in the block.
> Is that the intended behavior, or am I missing something?
>
> image.png
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

I find this is affected a lot by the colour theme the user has
installed. I've noticed that with some themes, the full block has a
different background while other themes have no distinct background for
source blocks at all and others only have it for the begin/end lines.

--
Tim Cross