* Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-25 12:40 gongzhitaao
From: gongzhitaao @ 2016-01-25 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Does orgmode comes with a full-coverage test suit?
It seems that the new Org (8.3.3) breaks something in org.el

When I'm firing up org agenda, I got an error in the function `org-activate-
plain-links`

    (wrong-type-argument listp org-link)

Maybe it is good if someone could finish a test suit for Orgmode so that it
does not break things unexpectedly.  (I'd be happy to if someone could give
me some guidance into the code structure)

Anyway, thanks for your awesome work!

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-25 13:00 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-01-25 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gongzhitaao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

gongzhitaao <zhitaao.gong@gmail.com> writes:

> Does orgmode comes with a full-coverage test suit?

No, it doesn't.

> It seems that the new Org (8.3.3) breaks something in org.el
>
> When I'm firing up org agenda, I got an error in the function `org-activate-
> plain-links`
>
>     (wrong-type-argument listp org-link)

Indeed. It should be fixed. Thank you.

> Maybe it is good if someone could finish a test suit for Orgmode so that it
> does not break things unexpectedly.

It would be good to improve the test coverage, indeed. Patches are
welcome.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-25 14:35 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-01-25 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

gongzhitaao <zhitaao.gong@gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe it is good if someone could finish a test suit for Orgmode so
> that it does not break things unexpectedly.  (I'd be happy to if
> someone could give me some guidance into the code structure)

The test suite is in the testing/ subdirectory of the org-mode git repo.
The README file in that directory is a good introduction.  Beyond that,
you have to look at an example from the testing/lisp/ subdirectory: just
choose one that is as simple as possible and tests a feature that you
understand well.

The test suite is invoked with "make test" from the main org-mode
directory.  It uses the ERT structure:

(info "(ert) Top")

HTH.
--
Nick

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-28  6:51   ` Christian Kruse
From: Christian Kruse @ 2016-01-28  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gongzhitaao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

>> When I'm firing up org agenda, I got an error in the function `org-activate-
>> plain-links`
>>
>>     (wrong-type-argument listp org-link)
>
> Indeed. It should be fixed. Thank you.

Do you need more information on that? I hit the error, too.

Best regards,
--
Christian Kruse
https://wwwtech.de/about

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-28  7:59     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-01-28  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Kruse; +Cc: gongzhitaao, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Christian Kruse <cjk@defunct.ch> writes:

> Do you need more information on that? I hit the error, too.

It is fixed already.

Unfortunately, Org ELPA updates every Monday AFAICT. So, unless someone
can refresh the Org package there, we'll have to live with it until next
week.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-28  8:10       ` Christian Kruse
From: Christian Kruse @ 2016-01-28  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gongzhitaao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

>> Do you need more information on that? I hit the error, too.
>
> It is fixed already.

Nice, thanks!

> Unfortunately, Org ELPA updates every Monday AFAICT. So, unless someone
> can refresh the Org package there, we'll have to live with it until next
> week.

That’s fine for me, just wanted to make sure that it can get fixed and
you don’t need more information. Thanks for your work!

Freundliche Grüsse,
--
Christian Kruse
https://wwwtech.de/about

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-28  9:47       ` Andrej Depperschmidt
From: Andrej Depperschmidt @ 2016-01-28  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, gongzhitaao, Christian Kruse

Hello,

I'm not sure if it is related...
In tables containing an url with http://something I cannot move as usual using TAB.
(see also
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/19874/external-http-link-not-recognized-as-link )

The following error occurs

font-lock-fontify-keywords-region: Wrong type argument: listp, org-table

I checked with the latest version of org from git.

Best,
Andrej

> Hello,
>
> Christian Kruse <cjk@defunct.ch> writes:
>
>> Do you need more information on that? I hit the error, too.
>
> It is fixed already.
>
> Unfortunately, Org ELPA updates every Monday AFAICT. So, unless someone
> can refresh the Org package there, we'll have to live with it until next
> week.
>
> Regards,

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-28 23:40         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-01-28 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Depperschmidt; +Cc: Christian Kruse, gongzhitaao, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andrej Depperschmidt <depperand@posteo.de> writes:

> The following error occurs
>
> font-lock-fontify-keywords-region: Wrong type argument: listp,
> org-table

It looks like the same problem.

> I checked with the latest version of org from git.

Odd. Please make sure you are really using development version. If the
problem persists, could you provide an ECM?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-29  7:06           ` Andrej Depperschmidt
From: Andrej Depperschmidt @ 2016-01-29  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, gongzhitaao, Christian Kruse

The minimal example are the two tables in an org-file. When I try to
move in those tables using TAB it is working okay in the first but not
in the second. Note however that it is working as expected with emacs -Q
and manually loading org.

There seems to be something in my configuration that needs to be
adjusted to the last changes in org-mode. It stopped working a few days
ago without any changes of my config. Any idea what to look for?

| col1 | col2 |
|------+------|
| a11  | a12  |
| a21  | a22  |

| col1               | col2               |
|--------------------+--------------------|
| http://www.url1.de | http://www.url2.de |

> Hello,
>
> Andrej Depperschmidt <depperand@posteo.de> writes:
>
>> The following error occurs
>>
>> font-lock-fontify-keywords-region: Wrong type argument: listp,
>> org-table
>
> It looks like the same problem.
>
>> I checked with the latest version of org from git.
>
> Odd. Please make sure you are really using development version. If the
> problem persists, could you provide an ECM?
>
> Regards,

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-29 13:25             ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-01-29 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Depperschmidt; +Cc: Christian Kruse, gongzhitaao, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andrej Depperschmidt <depperand@posteo.de> writes:

> The minimal example are the two tables in an org-file. When I try to
> move in those tables using TAB it is working okay in the first but not
> in the second. Note however that it is working as expected with emacs -Q
> and manually loading org.
>
> There seems to be something in my configuration that needs to be
> adjusted to the last changes in org-mode. It stopped working a few days
> ago without any changes of my config. Any idea what to look for?
>

> | col1 | col2 |
> |------+------|
> | a11  | a12  |
> | a21  | a22  |
>

> | col1               | col2               |
> |--------------------+--------------------|
> | http://www.url1.de | http://www.url2.de |

I cannot reproduce the problem. You may want to bisect for the commit
responsible for your change and let us know.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-29 19:37               ` Andrej Depperschmidt
From: Andrej Depperschmidt @ 2016-01-29 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Christian Kruse, gongzhitaao, emacs-orgmode

Somehow I'm not able to locate the problematic part in my configuration
though it must be some interference of the recent changes of org-mode
with my configuration.

With point somewhere in the following table I get an error that gives
the backtrace pasted below. Do you have a hint what to look for looking
at that?

| col1               | col2               |
|--------------------+--------------------|
| http://www.url1.de | http://www.url2.de |

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp org-table)
  org-activate-plain-links(#<marker at 133 in minimal.org>)
  font-lock-fontify-keywords-region(1 #<marker at 133 in minimal.org> nil)
  font-lock-default-fontify-region(1 #<marker at 133 in minimal.org> nil)
  font-lock-fontify-region(1 #<marker at 133 in minimal.org>)
  org-table-align()
  org-table-next-field()
  funcall-interactively(org-table-next-field)
  call-interactively(org-table-next-field)
  org-cycle(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-cycle nil)
  call-interactively(org-cycle nil nil)
  command-execute(org-cycle)

> Hello,
>
> Andrej Depperschmidt <depperand@posteo.de> writes:
>
>> The minimal example are the two tables in an org-file. When I try to
>> move in those tables using TAB it is working okay in the first but not
>> in the second. Note however that it is working as expected with emacs -Q
>> and manually loading org.
>>
>> There seems to be something in my configuration that needs to be
>> adjusted to the last changes in org-mode. It stopped working a few days
>> ago without any changes of my config. Any idea what to look for?
>>

>> | col1 | col2 |
>> |------+------|
>> | a11  | a12  |
>> | a21  | a22  |
>>

>> | col1               | col2               |
>> |--------------------+--------------------|
>> | http://www.url1.de | http://www.url2.de |
>

> I cannot reproduce the problem. You may want to bisect for the commit
> responsible for your change and let us know.
>

> Regards,

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-29 21:37                 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-01-29 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Depperschmidt; +Cc: Christian Kruse, gongzhitaao, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andrej Depperschmidt <depperand@posteo.de> writes:

> Somehow I'm not able to locate the problematic part in my configuration
> though it must be some interference of the recent changes of org-mode
> with my configuration.
>
> With point somewhere in the following table I get an error that gives
> the backtrace pasted below. Do you have a hint what to look for looking
> at that?
>
> | col1               | col2               |
> |--------------------+--------------------|
> | http://www.url1.de | http://www.url2.de |
>

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp org-table)
>   org-activate-plain-links(#<marker at 133 in minimal.org>)

As I wrote, this particular bug was fixed on Monday. I don't know why
you still experience it on latest Org from git.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

* Re: Orgmode testsuite
@ 2016-01-30 11:11                   ` Andrej Depperschmidt
From: Andrej Depperschmidt @ 2016-01-30 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, gongzhitaao, Christian Kruse

Hello,

some package in my config installed org from ELPA as a dependency or
something similar (Karl Voit wrote about it a few days ago). Deleting it
manually solved the problem.

Thanks,
Andrej