* Orgmode,Bidi,Speed in emacs trunk
@ 2011-09-27  6:18 Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-09-27  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've not been following the list closely for a while, not sure if
Bastien is on vacation or whatever.

Just in case Carsten or anyone else wants to comment on this:

====================
From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Subject: bug#9610: 24.0.90; org-mode: sluggish response and high CPU utilization with large .org files
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.bugs
To: Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net>
Cc: 9610@debbugs.gnu.org

> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:50:25 -0400
> From: Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net>
>
> I'd like to report an org-mode regression issue.  When working with
> large .org files, Emacs 24.0.90 becomes sluggish, and consumes large
> amounts of CPU.

If you type this:

  M-x set-variable RET bidi-paragraph-direction RET left-to-right RET

does the problem go away?

Org mode should do that by default, but the Org mode maintainer
(CC'ed) didn't yet respond to my repeated mails about this issue.

Bastien, please tell me whether you want me to make this change in the
Emacs repository, or wait for you to do it in the Org mode repo and
then merge to Emacs.
====================

Memnon

* Re: Orgmode,Bidi,Speed in emacs trunk
@ 2011-09-27  9:03 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-09-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:

> I've not been following the list closely for a while, not sure if
> Bastien is on vacation or whatever.

I'm not on vacation, but I have been busy with pressuring issues lately.
I'm sorry that I cannot afford to spend the required amount of time on
org-mode.

> Just in case Carsten or anyone else wants to comment on this:

I already replied to Eli on emacs-devel, asking him to make the change
in Emacs trunk.  I will merge it in org-mode afterwards.  (By the way,
I could not find the other emails Eli is referring to -- the bidi issue
has generated a lot of feedback, I may have missed some of the request.)

Thanks anyway for making sure these important issues are forwarded to
the org-mode list -- other committers: feel free to take action and DTRT
if necessary.

Particular thanks to Eric for his steadily commitment and to Jambunathan
for his patience in taking care of questions raised on the list.

Best to all,

--
 Bastien