* Concatenation of cells using 'remote'
@ 2016-01-29 13:20 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2016-01-29 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I can create a concatenation of the element in column like this:

#+NAME: addresses
| able    | able@example.org                                         |
| baker   | baker@example.org                                        |
| charlie | charlie@example.org                                      |
|         | able@example.org, baker@example.org, charlie@example.org |
#+TBLFM: $2='(concat $1 "@example.org")
#+TBLFM: @4$2='(mapconcat 'identity (list @1$2..@3$2) ", ")

I tried the following to create the concatenation in a
separate table:

| #ERROR |
#+TBLFM: $1='(mapconcat 'identity '(list remote(addresses,@1$2..@3$2) ", ")

but this doesn't work.  Presumably the expansion of the range happens at
the wrong time.

Does anyone know how to do this properly?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Concatenation of cells using 'remote'
@ 2016-02-15 17:42 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2016-02-15 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Loris

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Loris Bennett
<loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can create a concatenation of the element in column like this:
>
> #+NAME: addresses
> | able    | able@example.org                                         |
> | baker   | baker@example.org                                        |
> | charlie | charlie@example.org                                      |
> |         | able@example.org, baker@example.org, charlie@example.org |
> #+TBLFM: $2='(concat $1 "@example.org")
> #+TBLFM: @4$2='(mapconcat 'identity (list @1$2..@3$2) ", ")
>
> I tried the following to create the concatenation in a
> separate table:
>
> | #ERROR |
> #+TBLFM: $1='(mapconcat 'identity '(list remote(addresses,@1$2..@3$2) ", ")
>
> but this doesn't work.  Presumably the expansion of the range happens at
> the wrong time.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this properly?

Just typos:

| able@example.org, baker@example.org, charlie@example.org |
#+TBLFM: $1='(mapconcat 'identity (list remote(addresses,@1$2..@3$2)) ", ")

Michael

* Re: Concatenation of cells using 'remote'
@ 2016-02-16  7:32   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2016-02-16  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Loris
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Loris Bennett
> <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can create a concatenation of the element in column like this:
>>
>> #+NAME: addresses
>> | able    | able@example.org                                         |
>> | baker   | baker@example.org                                        |
>> | charlie | charlie@example.org                                      |
>> |         | able@example.org, baker@example.org, charlie@example.org |
>> #+TBLFM: $2='(concat $1 "@example.org")
>> #+TBLFM: @4$2='(mapconcat 'identity (list @1$2..@3$2) ", ")
>>
>> I tried the following to create the concatenation in a
>> separate table:
>>
>> | #ERROR |
>> #+TBLFM: $1='(mapconcat 'identity '(list remote(addresses,@1$2..@3$2) ", ")
>>
>> but this doesn't work.  Presumably the expansion of the range happens at
>> the wrong time.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to do this properly?
>
> Just typos:
>
> | able@example.org, baker@example.org, charlie@example.org |
> #+TBLFM: $1='(mapconcat 'identity (list remote(addresses,@1$2..@3$2)) ", ")
>
> Michael

Thanks.  Obviously I shouldn't be highlighting matching parens, but
rather ones which don't match ...

Cheers,

Loris

--