* (new feature suggestion?) indicate 'repeater' nature in Agenda
@ 2010-07-02  6:57 Livin Stephen Sharma
From: Livin Stephen Sharma @ 2010-07-02  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org-mode-help gnu

Is there a way to quickly/visually differentiate between repeating/single-occurence tasks?

If not, something like say, adding an asterisk somewhere in the entry would be great.

1. Scheduled* - starred schedule/deadline string
2. TODO * - starred 'todo' string
3. fifa2010* - starred 'category' string

( asking too much? J )

 I looked for org-agenda--repeat variables and searched 'repeat' in the pdf manual, but didn't find a way to do this..

Thanks
Livin Stephen Sharma

* Re: (new feature suggestion?) indicate 'repeater' nature in Agenda
@ 2010-07-06 12:43 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-07-06 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Livin Stephen Sharma; +Cc: emacs-org-mode-help gnu

On Jul 2, 2010, at 8:57 AM, Livin Stephen Sharma wrote:

> Is there a way to quickly/visually differentiate between repeating/
> single-occurence tasks?
>
> If not, something like say, adding an asterisk somewhere in the
> entry would be great.
>
> 1. Scheduled* - starred schedule/deadline string
> 2. TODO * - starred 'todo' string
> 3. fifa2010* - starred 'category' string
>
> ( asking too much? J )
>
>  I looked for org-agenda--repeat variables and searched 'repeat' in
> the pdf manual, but didn't find a way to do this..\

There is nothing in there right now, but it could be implemented.
Not sure how useful I would find this, though.

A simpler way would be (and this is what I do) this:
Collect stuff with repeating time stamps in one place and make sure the
category is special.

For example, I have

* Habits
   :PROPERTIES: