* bold etc. spanning multiple lines
@ 2008-05-30 23:11 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2008-05-30 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

What are the rules for this?  E.g. if I want to start *bold or italic
within a paragraph and then terminate it* on one of the following
lines.  From a brief experiment it looks like you can span two lines
maximum.  Beyond that what is the recommended mechanism?

* RE: bold etc. spanning multiple lines
@ 2008-06-10  7:05 ` Dominik, C.
From: Dominik, C. @ 2008-06-10  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Adam,

you can increase the number of allowed newlines in
emphasis using the variable `org-remphasis-regexp-components'.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2008-06-10  9:57   ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2008-06-10  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:05:03AM +0200, Dominik, C. wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> you can increase the number of allowed newlines in
> emphasis using the variable `org-emphasis-regexp-components'.
>
> HTH

Ahah, thanks!  Whilst looking at this customize-option, I noticed that
the stacking toggle button seemed to be missing documentation - might
be worth adding a little description for that.

* RE: bold etc. spanning multiple lines
@ 2008-06-10 10:01     ` Dominik, C.
From: Dominik, C. @ 2008-06-10 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, that stacked button is only there to not break old customizations,
but it does not do anything anymore.  I need to document *that*... :-)