* Both italic and bold at the "edges": a bug?
@ 2019-09-06 18:50 Dmitrii Korobeinikov
From: Dmitrii Korobeinikov @ 2019-09-06 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

   Here is what I mean. Everything in these will be italic-only:

   - /*italic, not bold*/
   - /italic, *not bold*/
   - /*italic*, not bold/

   Is there a reason for not allowing multiple highlighters to start in the
same place?

   Regards,
   Dmitrii.

* Re: Both italic and bold at the "edges": a bug?
@ 2019-09-06 19:37 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-09-06 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitrii Korobeinikov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Dmitrii Korobeinikov <dim1212k@gmail.com> writes:

>    Here is what I mean. Everything in these will be italic-only:
>
>    - /*italic, not bold*/
>    - /italic, *not bold*/
>    - /*italic*, not bold/
>
>    Is there a reason for not allowing multiple highlighters to start in the
> same place?

They are allowed. Try exporting this document to, e.g., LaTeX.

You may be talking about fontification, which is but an approximation of
the real Org syntax (but it could be improved).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Both italic and bold at the "edges": a bug?
@ 2019-09-06 20:40   ` Dmitrii Korobeinikov
From: Dmitrii Korobeinikov @ 2019-09-06 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode