* what happened to :wrap HTML ?
@ 2016-02-24 20:45 Giuseppe Lipari
From: Giuseppe Lipari @ 2016-02-24 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

I used to generate html code with a python script using org-babel, like
this:

%------- example.org ---------%
* This is an example of export in HTML
#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output :wrap HTML
print "<li> second item </li>"
print "</ul>"
#+END_SRC
%------- example.org ---------%

This used to work just fine and produce a nice unordered list in html.
Until the moment I updated to the current development version:

Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-588-g924431 @
/home/lipari/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

Now, it produces the attached screenshot:

[image: snapshot-org1.jpg]

Hence my question: what happened to ":wrap HTML" ?? Is there an equivalent
way to express the same behaviour as before?

Giuseppe Lipari

[-- Attachment #2: snapshot-org1.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 19750 bytes --]

* Re: what happened to :wrap HTML ?
@ 2016-02-24 20:56 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-02-24 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Giuseppe Lipari <giulipari@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I used to generate html code with a python script using org-babel, like this:
>
> %------- example.org ---------%
> * This is an example of export in HTML
> #+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output :wrap HTML
> print "<li> second item </li>"
> print "</ul>"
> #+END_SRC
> %------- example.org ---------%
>
> This used to work just fine and produce a nice unordered list in html. Until the moment I updated to the
> current development version:
>
> Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-588-g924431 @ /home/lipari/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
>
> Now, it produces the attached screenshot:
>
> snapshot
>
> Hence my question: what happened to ":wrap HTML" ?? Is there an equivalent way to express the same
> behaviour as before?

I bet :wrap HTMP produces

#+BEGIN_HTML
#+END_HTML

instead of

#+BEGIN_EXPORT HTML
#+END_EXPORT

--
Nick

* Re: what happened to :wrap HTML ?
@ 2016-02-24 22:48   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-24 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Giuseppe Lipari <giulipari@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I used to generate html code with a python script using org-babel, like this:
>>
>> %------- example.org ---------%
>> * This is an example of export in HTML
>> #+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output :wrap HTML
>> print "<li> second item </li>"
>> print "</ul>"
>> #+END_SRC
>> %------- example.org ---------%
>>
>> This used to work just fine and produce a nice unordered list in html. Until the moment I updated to the
>> current development version:
>>
>> Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-588-g924431 @ /home/lipari/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
>>
>> Now, it produces the attached screenshot:
>>
>> snapshot
>>
>> Hence my question: what happened to ":wrap HTML" ?? Is there an equivalent way to express the same
>> behaviour as before?
>>

> I bet :wrap HTMP produces
>
> #+BEGIN_HTML
> #+END_HTML
>
> instead of
>
> #+BEGIN_EXPORT HTML
> #+END_EXPORT

So I guess the OP should write :wrap export HTML.

We could also add the export part automatically, but that would limit
the value of the parameter (e.g., impossible to do anything else than
export blocks)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: what happened to :wrap HTML ?
@ 2016-02-24 22:56     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-02-24 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Giuseppe Lipari <giulipari@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I used to generate html code with a python script using org-babel, like this:
>>>
>>> %------- example.org ---------%
>>> * This is an example of export in HTML
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output :wrap HTML
>>> print "<li> second item </li>"
>>> print "</ul>"
>>> #+END_SRC
>>> %------- example.org ---------%
>>>
>>> This used to work just fine and produce a nice unordered list in
>>> html. Until the moment I updated to the
>>> current development version:
>>>
>>> Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-588-g924431 @ /home/lipari/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
>>>
>>> Now, it produces the attached screenshot:
>>>
>>> snapshot
>>>
>>> Hence my question: what happened to ":wrap HTML" ?? Is there an equivalent way to express the same
>>> behaviour as before?
>>>

>> I bet :wrap HTMP produces
>>
>> #+BEGIN_HTML
>> #+END_HTML
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> #+BEGIN_EXPORT HTML
>> #+END_EXPORT
>
> So I guess the OP should write :wrap export HTML.
>
> We could also add the export part automatically, but that would limit
> the value of the parameter (e.g., impossible to do anything else than
> export blocks)

We need to allow special blocks.  But the question is whether we can
"guess" when something is a backend and do the right thing.  It’s probably
a "can of worms" to try to guess.

Rasmus

--
Nothing's wrong with an email that ends in a minor key

* Re: what happened to :wrap HTML ?
@ 2016-02-25  8:32       ` Giuseppe Lipari
From: Giuseppe Lipari @ 2016-02-25  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, emacs-orgmode