* [oc-csl] citations in footnotes
@ 2021-06-03  8:50 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-06-03  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

In the approach taken by CSL implementations, and by biblatex
autocite, when dealing with note styles, you have two kinds of
citations in notes:

1. what we might call "automatically footnoted"; citations in the
running text that get converted on export to footnotes (or endnotes)
2. citations within footnotes, that get output as is, without any
footnote wrapping.

With this input:

---------------
Body text with a citation: [cite:@mcneill2011].

Footnote: [fn:1]

#+print_bibliography:

* Footnotes

[fn:1] A commentary, and then a citation: [cite:@low2001].
-----------------

... the citation within the footnote now generates an additional footnote.

----------------
[3] A commentary, and then a citation:[4].

[4] Low, “The Edge and the Center: Gated Communities and the Discourse
of Urban Fear.”
-----------------

It should not; output should be:

----------------
[3] A commentary, and then a citation: Low, “The Edge and the Center:
Gated Communities and the Discourse of Urban Fear.”
-----------------

Bruce

* Re: [oc-csl] citations in footnotes
@ 2021-06-04 13:28 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-06-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce D'Arcus; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> In the approach taken by CSL implementations, and by biblatex
> autocite, when dealing with note styles, you have two kinds of
> citations in notes:
>
> 1. what we might call "automatically footnoted"; citations in the
> running text that get converted on export to footnotes (or endnotes)
> 2. citations within footnotes, that get output as is, without any
> footnote wrapping.
>
> With this input:
>
> ---------------
> Body text with a citation: [cite:@mcneill2011].
>
> Footnote: [fn:1]
>
> #+print_bibliography:
>
> * Footnotes
>
> [fn:1] A commentary, and then a citation: [cite:@low2001].
> -----------------
>
> ... the citation within the footnote now generates an additional footnote.
>
> ----------------
> [3] A commentary, and then a citation:[4].
>
> [4] Low, “The Edge and the Center: Gated Communities and the Discourse
> of Urban Fear.”
> -----------------
>
> It should not; output should be:
>
> ----------------
> [3] A commentary, and then a citation: Low, “The Edge and the Center:
> Gated Communities and the Discourse of Urban Fear.”
> -----------------

OK. Fixed. Thank you.

Regards,
--