* How to setup a development for org-mode?
@ 2016-06-08  3:55 Xi Shen
From: Xi Shen @ 2016-06-08  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

I want to make some change to the ob-sql.el file. But I don't want to "make
install" every time I change something. I tried to use “load-file" to
reload the file I changed, but I got symbol not found error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David

--

Thanks,
David S.

* Re: How to setup a development for org-mode?
@ 2016-06-08  6:40 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-06-08  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xi Shen <davidshen84@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to make some change to the ob-sql.el file. But I don't want to "make
> install" every time I change something. I tried to use “load-file" to
> reload the file I changed, but I got symbol not found error.

Open the file you've edited and do,

    M-x eval-buffer RET

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?

* Re: How to setup a development for org-mode?
@ 2016-06-08  6:55   ` Xi Shen
From: Xi Shen @ 2016-06-08  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, emacs-orgmode

Tried that at first, but got:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel--get-vars

Maybe it is because I am in cygwin environment, so Emacs eval buffers
differently?

Thanks,
David

@ 2016-06-08  7:04     ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2016-06-08  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xi Shen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus

Hi,

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 06:55:08 +0000
Xi Shen <davidshen84@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tried that at first, but got:
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel--get-vars
>
> Maybe it is because I am in cygwin environment, so Emacs eval buffers
> differently?

You are using org-mode 8.3.4 from then maint branch (or earlier) which
hasn't org-babel--get-vars.  The version of ob-sql.el you are editing
is from the master branch.

Best regards
Robert

@ 2016-06-08  7:40       ` Xi Shen