* org <--> wiki ?
@ 2010-05-12  2:27 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-05-12  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi,

I see from the archives that the topic of two-way org <--> wiki
export/import has been raised before .  Is anyone doing anything of
this nature, or alternatively, does anyone even have a straightforward
workflow for org --> wiki exports?  I have to start at least one,
maybe an umber of wikis on a small server, and would probably choose
the wiki software based on org compatibility.  The only caveat is that
none of hte other users would likely be emacs or org users, so there'd
have to be some user-friendliness to the web-based editing interface.

thanks as always!

matt

* Re: org <--> wiki ?
@ 2010-05-12 18:36 ` Dave Mason
From: Dave Mason @ 2010-05-12 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> I see from the archives that the topic of two-way org <--> wiki
> export/import has been raised before .  Is anyone doing anything of
> this nature, or alternatively, does anyone even have a straightforward
> workflow for org --> wiki exports?  I have to start at least one,
> maybe an umber of wikis on a small server, and would probably choose
> the wiki software based on org compatibility.  The only caveat is that
> none of hte other users would likely be emacs or org users, so there'd
> have to be some user-friendliness to the web-based editing interface.

I would love this as well - at my work we use mediawiki exclusively for
internal docs & communication and I would love to be able to export my
Org files to mediawiki format... if not directly into mediawiki itself.

Dave

* Re: org <--> wiki ?
@ 2010-05-12 19:05   ` Baoqiu Cui
From: Baoqiu Cui @ 2010-05-12 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dave Mason <dcm@bronto.com> writes:

> Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I see from the archives that the topic of two-way org <--> wiki
>> export/import has been raised before .  Is anyone doing anything of
>> this nature, or alternatively, does anyone even have a straightforward
>> workflow for org --> wiki exports?  I have to start at least one,
>> maybe an umber of wikis on a small server, and would probably choose
>> the wiki software based on org compatibility.  The only caveat is that
>> none of hte other users would likely be emacs or org users, so there'd
>> have to be some user-friendliness to the web-based editing interface.
>

> I would love this as well - at my work we use mediawiki exclusively for
> internal docs & communication and I would love to be able to export my
> Org files to mediawiki format... if not directly into mediawiki itself.

Some time ago I wrote an XSLT stylesheet called "docbook2twiki" to
convert DocBook files to TWiki format:

   http://code.google.com/p/docbook2twiki/

Using that, I can easily convert Org files to TWiki via the Org DocBook
exporter.  Hope that docbook2twiki can be modified to generate mediawiki
format.

Regards,

--
Baoqiu