From: Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com>
To: Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to use `open` to handle `message:*` links on macOS
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 01:38:07 +0200

Hello Tim,

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
> Thanks for the tips here. I finally got around to trying them out. Here's
> what I ended up with and it's working perfectly.
> [...]

Glad I could be of assistance!

> Pairing that with my org-capture TODO Current Mail Template is a dream come
> true. :)
> [...]

That's interesting how you pull the information from Mail app.

How do you trigger the capture? Do you have to select the message in
Mail app, then move over to Emacs and trigger the capture there? or do
you have a way to trigger the Emacs capture from within Mail app?

The next level of productivity could perhaps be to switch to notmuch[1],
and do all you email from within Emacs. Use yasnippet[2] for composing
mails. And have snippets be presented to you by company[3]. Just
saying... ;-)

[1] https://notmuchmail.org/
[2] http://joaotavora.github.io/yasnippet/
[3] https://company-mode.github.io/