* Recursive calender item
@ 2010-04-28  6:58 Juri Artamonov
From: Juri Artamonov @ 2010-04-28  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Guys,

could you please advice how to make TODO item to be recursive in Agenda.
Let's say item to be every week at 19:00 Tuesday. Then after I pointed it as
DONE for this week, it's still as TODO item for next week and so on. Is it
possible?

Thank you,
                      Juri.

* Re: Recursive calender item
@ 2010-04-28  7:19 ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2010-04-28  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Artamonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> could you please advice how to make TODO item to be recursive in Agenda.
> Let's say item to be every week at 19:00 Tuesday. Then after I pointed
> it as DONE for this week, it's still as TODO item for next week and so
> on. Is it possible?

** TODO Put out dustbin
    SCHEDULED: <2010-05-05 Wed +1w>

This repeats every week.

The Repeated tasks section in the manual explains more options. See
http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

Ian.

* Re: Recursive calender item
@ 2010-04-28  7:25 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-04-28  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Artamonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Juri Artamonov wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>

> could you please advice how to make TODO item to be recursive in
> Agenda. Let's say item to be every week at 19:00 Tuesday. Then after
> I pointed it as DONE for this week, it's still as TODO item for next
> week and so on. Is it possible?
>
> Thank you,
>                       Juri.

Aloha Juri,

Perhaps this is what you want?

http://orgmode.org/org.html#Repeated-tasks

HTH,
Tom

* Re: Recursive calender item
@ 2010-04-28  7:30   ` Juri Artamonov
From: Juri Artamonov @ 2010-04-28  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thank you Guys. I did search for "recursive" instead of "repeat".

This is what I need.

Have a good day,
                              Juri.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Juri Artamonov wrote:
>
> Hello Guys,
>

> could you please advice how to make TODO item to be recursive in Agenda.
> Let's say item to be every week at 19:00 Tuesday. Then after I pointed it as
> DONE for this week, it's still as TODO item for next week and so on. Is it
> possible?
>
> Thank you,
>                       Juri.
>

> Aloha Juri,
>
> Perhaps this is what you want?
>
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Repeated-tasks
>
> HTH,
> Tom

* [enhancement request] Re: Recursive calender item
@ 2010-04-28 12:48   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-04-28 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Juri Artamonov wrote:
>
>     Hello Guys,
>
>     could you please advice how to make TODO item to be recursive in Agenda. Let's say item to be every week at 19:00 Tuesday. Then after I pointed it as DONE for this week, it's still as TODO
>     item for next week and so on. Is it possible?
>
>     Thank you,
>                           Juri.
>
> Aloha Juri,
>
> Perhaps this is what you want?
>
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Repeated-tasks
>
> HTH,
> Tom

I think a better operation be for org-mode to duplicate the repeated
task +n ahead when marked as "done" and create a non repeat version of
the original as done so it leaves a marked "done" item in the agenda at
the original date.

* Re: [enhancement request] Re: Recursive calender item
@ 2010-04-28 17:09     ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-04-28 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> I think a better operation be for org-mode to duplicate the repeated
> task +n ahead when marked as "done" and create a non repeat version of
> the original as done so it leaves a marked "done" item in the agenda at
> the original date.

I believe one can already accomplish this in a couple of ways:

1. By setting the variable org-log-repeat to time and using the agenda's
   log view to browse completed tasks.

2. By using org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift to create multiple
   instances of a todo at specified intervals.

Best,
Matt