* Calendars & Agenda mode
@ 2010-04-28 17:48 David Frascone
From: David Frascone @ 2010-04-28 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

**** iCalendar exporting? importing?
Is anyone using this?  I've avoided agenda like stuff, since I have a
calendar that is very full of meetings, appointments, etc.  (In fact,
I have several, some at work, some on google calendars).  While I'd
love to add todo's with dates, using orgmode for my real calendar
seemed a bit much.  Does anyone else using calendars also use orgmode?
If so, do you sync, and in what direction.  (i.e. org-mode ->
iCalendar, or move everything from other calendars -> org-mode?)

* Re: Calendars & Agenda mode
@ 2010-04-29  1:52 ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2010-04-29  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Frascone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear David,

I have used iCalendar exporter to export an important schedule
on orgmode.
So it is org-mode -> iCalendar.

Actually, I use this exporter with Dropbox service.
1. Export a iCal file to Dropbox directory
   (Dropbox will upload the file to the internet automatically)
2. iCal.app on Mac get the iCal file from the internet,
    and display the schedule as a special item.

That's very useful for me.

Best regards,
Takaaki ISHIKAWA

@ 2010-04-29  4:16   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-04-29  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On 2010/04/29, at 2:48, David Frascone wrote:
>

>> **** iCalendar exporting? importing?
>> Is anyone using this?  I've avoided agenda like stuff, since I have a
>> calendar that is very full of meetings, appointments, etc.  (In fact,
>> I have several, some at work, some on google calendars).  While I'd
>> love to add todo's with dates, using orgmode for my real calendar
>> seemed a bit much.  Does anyone else using calendars also use orgmode?
>> If so, do you sync, and in what direction.  (i.e. org-mode ->
>> iCalendar, or move everything from other calendars -> org-mode?)

i am also interested in this question and would especially love to
hear how people work with google calendar-- which we use here to
collaborate in all kinds of ways, mostly with people who wouldn't know
emacs from, what, notepad; so that it's impossible for me to extricate
myself from the google calendar ecosystem.  if anyone has good ideas
about integration i'd love to hear them!

matt

* Re: Calendars & Agenda mode
@ 2010-04-29 14:43   ` David Frascone
From: David Frascone @ 2010-04-29 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takaaki ISHIKAWA; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Takaaki ISHIKAWA <ishikawa@takaxp.com>wrote:

> Dear David,
>
> I have used iCalendar exporter to export an important schedule
> on orgmode.
> So it is org-mode -> iCalendar.
>
> Actually, I use this exporter with Dropbox service.
> 1. Export a iCal file to Dropbox directory
>   (Dropbox will upload the file to the internet automatically)
> 2. iCal.app on Mac get the iCal file from the internet,
>    and display the schedule as a special item.

Cool!  I'll start playing with that, once I have agenda mode working!

* Re: Calendars & Agenda mode
@ 2010-05-01 22:33 ` Doug Hellmann
From: Doug Hellmann @ 2010-05-01 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Frascone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 28, 2010, at 1:48 PM, David Frascone wrote:

> **** iCalendar exporting? importing?
> Is anyone using this?  I've avoided agenda like stuff, since I have a
> calendar that is very full of meetings, appointments, etc.  (In fact,
> I have several, some at work, some on google calendars).  While I'd
> love to add todo's with dates, using orgmode for my real calendar
> seemed a bit much.  Does anyone else using calendars also use orgmode?
> If so, do you sync, and in what direction.  (i.e. org-mode ->
> iCalendar, or move everything from other calendars -> org-mode?)

I import my iCal data into org-mode using a stand-alone Python app I
wrote for the purpose: http://www.doughellmann.com/projects/ical2org/

Doug