From: Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Ignored bugs
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:51:37 +0100

On 17/11/2020 19:41, Boruch Baum wrote:
> A little over a month ago, I submitted several bug reports related to
> org-mode, and sor most of them haven't seen any action whatsoever, not
> even an indication that they were noticed. In many cases, I provided
> either a total solution or a suggested implementation of a solution.
>
> BUG REPORT: 42484

I haven't investigated further than reading this email, but the fact
that you are including what look like debbug numbers suggests that you
reported those bugs against Emacs.

Org is mostly developed outside Emacs and has an independent release
cycle. Emacs syncs irregularly with the latest released version of Org.

Bug report affecting the latest release of Org can be submitted to this
mailing list. This is also the best way to make them known to the Org
developers and maintainer. I don't think anyone here really looks into
bugs reported to the Emacs debbugs instance: time is limited and the
version of Org distributed with Emacs is very often not the most current
one, thus the bug reports may anyhow not be relevant anyhow.

I suggest you to try to reproduce these bugs with the latest Org release
(or the latest snapshot from Org ELPA) and report on this list if the
problems persist, see `org-submit-bug-report'.

Please complain with the Emacs maintainers about their handling of the
bugs on the Emacs bug tracking system, I don't think it a discussion
relevant to this mailing list.

Cheers,
Dan